COVID-19

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by ltlmore, Mar 17, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The USA will not ban domestic freedom of travel. No. That is reserved for war. As in the russians have invaded kind of war and tanks in the forests. So you can put that aside for the time being.

The freight is what is non essential and you will recieve a paper that goes with the bills making it clear that you are hauling essential freight, exempt from HOS and so on so forth. At that point you can go anywhere.

If you are loaded normally with freight that is not that important... say grandfather clocks, vanity, 5 foot floor models. And you find out the clock store has been ordered closed by the Gov'ner you will find youself out of work economically. That is where unemployment comes in. Approx 400 dollars benefit for 100% rating and then the extra 600 a week on top of that for about 1000 weekly cash for a maximum of 4 months to sit home and keep healthy. against the time it clears up and you roll again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Not if you have your own MC# and are self employed.. we are just #### out of luck..

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Old Marine Proverb..... adapt and overcome. Another one this is GOOD training. You do not have been in the Military to understand, but it helps.

crocky and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. Old Hullabaloo

Old Hullabaloo Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Flatbed freight is drying up as non-essential work is halting. With my own MC# I'm trying to figure out what my options are.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.