CPA Recommendations

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Cottonmouth85, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Just find a CPA that specializes in small business, especially farming, ranching, construction, etc. There is not all that much difference between trucking and other small business operations. Even agriculture related activities have fuel tax rebate filings they do on some fuels, and have trucking operations as part of their business. Chances are, if that CPA is targeting that type of business activity, they also have done quite a few truck operations as well.

A CPA can advise you on what to change about your operation to provide tax advantages. A tax preparer cannot legally do so, and you are going to be left with your butt blowing in the breeze if they advise you wrong. A CPA has their certification on the line. And many CPA offices will do basic tax filing, usually not much more expensive than a basic tax preparer. But as you go along in your business, they can give you guidance on what to change to help you out.

I use a local CPA that is really on her game when it comes to small business' and trucking. This gal has saved me thousands. One thing for certain, I sleep very well at night regarding my compliance with the Fed and State IRS folks. Her primary focus is small business' and her husband also owns a trucking operation.

Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hartigjt

Hartigjt Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2018
    What is her phone number? My husband and I are both OTR drivers. We need to find a tax person in the San Antonio area.

4. arestransportinc

arestransportinc Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Could I get her name and number? We really need a new CPA. Ours never calls us back and we can't get any response from her.

5. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Dennis Bridges @ eTruckerrax 770-984-8008.He gives you a deduction list and you fill it out and send it back.He has written a bunch of articles for Overdrive magazine and stays up to date with the laws.

RubyEagle Thanks this.
  6. JThai1984

JThai1984 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2021
    May I have his info sir?

7. JThai1984

JThai1984 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2021

8. JThai1984

JThai1984 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2021
    I'm in AZ and in need of a tax guy who knows his stuff when it comes to trucking tax deductions. If there's any recommendations someone can give me please let me know. Thank you!

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I PM'D you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.