CPAP in a L/W where???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by truckergirl80, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Still, it's gotta have way more room than a cabover and drivers did OTR in those for decades, still do in other parts of the world.

There is no way they are all wearing dirty clothes and only operating during the summer due to lack of storage space for laundry stuff and winter coats.

If my company offered LW trucks for a higher CPM than regular, I would definitely go for it. I have two cabinets in my current truck. 1 has clothes that could easily stay in my duffle bag and the other is rapidly filling with stuff. I couldn't say exactly what stuff as I haven't opened it in a few days.

Take those away and put more money in my pocket.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Yep, my paw had a cabover with a coffin sleeper. Then again, they didn't have CPAP's in his day. . . just saying.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Pretty sure its five cpm extra for the L/W with Prime...

Also heard they are no longer taking out the passenger seats for 'setups' but ... that COULD just be .. in the actual 'condos,' per se. IDK. It's up to the O/P.. the money or comfort.

Me, I'd take the Condo...then again, I'm old, haha~! ;) Need my 'sleep numbers' just as much as my 'other' numbers, LoL~! :)

Redtwin Thanks this.
  5. truckergirl80

truckergirl80 Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2020
    Yes i'm still pushing for the Condo, but if I don't get it i'll take the L/W

G13Tomcat and Redtwin Thank this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I ran a Cornbinder Prostar that had the tiny sleeper for quite a while. While most of my trips were sleeping in the truck no more than a night or two, I did do a couple out and backs to California-6 days, 5 nights. It had a couple shelves above the foot of the bed and a place to hang a few things. It was fine for that kind of running but I wouldn't want to run more days out than that. OTR no way.
    But y'all are right about back in the cabover days. No storage at all and had to lay down to put my pants on. Didn't think anything of it either. Today? Not.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You have 6 ft hose, put it in the cab on one of the seats.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Over in Europe they all drive cabover still and have small sleepers with the bed right behind seats. They are smaller trucks but look good. They all seem to have pull out fridge under beds Look how small the sleeper is on a Scania 580 truck. I believe it's the biggest truck/sleeper they make. It's cool truck V8 engine but sleep is small

G13Tomcat and tarmadilo Thank this.
  9. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Tell them you want to be a trainer one day or take riders with you and they will give you a regular truck, I don’t work for them but have talked to several drivers and that was their suggestion, EVEN if you don’t ever become a trainer

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA
    Whats considered a lightweight truck and what specs?

11. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.