CPAP machine cerification hours????

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Viking84, Mar 21, 2012.

1. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    I passed my DOT physical and received a 2 year card. Now I found out that Roehl will only give me a 6 month card and that I need to take a sleep test my last day of training. I used to use a CPAP over 5 years ago but never since. They said they will pay for the tests and that I may need a new machine that they will help pay for upfront. I could never get used to wearing the full mask or the nose pillows etc so I lost weight and lost over 50lbs and 2 inches in the neck. IF they say I need a machine I guess I am forced to do it and will follow rules of course. Any advice on wearing? I am a mouth breather at times too. Anyone else have to take the sleep test with Roehl? They said I will be at my hotel room after they hook me up for the night etc?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIGLEE500

BIGLEE500 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    i had to take it awhile back, they made me get there machine, its 1500 dollars which they did pay for up front and i pay them 30 dollars a week.

4. The OSU

The OSU Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    BiPAP for me with full face (nose & mouth) mask. Works well and after a few days I adapted to it. Never tired during the day and six hours is plenty of sleep now vs eight miserable hours before the machine and was always forcing myself to stay awake. I got all this done before showing up at Roehl and I got a one year card in January. Roehl has not asked for printout yet but they can anytime to review last 30 days of usage. I heard the Roehl version uploads automatically daily or weekly...so they keep you accountable that way. I had surgery 15 years ago for sleep apnea but they don't do that much anymore as it tends to be ineffective over the long term and it's extremely painful for several weeks. Good luck, hope you don't need one.

JustDoc Thanks this.
  5. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    I hope I don't need one again either. I have a resmed small BiPAP with full and the swift nasal pillow mask. It ramps up slow and the pressure is OK at 4-5 but when it gets up to 9 it is forcing too much air. If I just breathe through my nose or mouth its ok. but if I switch between either it is tough.

6. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    I got one with pillows. They can control it remotely, and it downloads every day at noon. I effing hate the thing. When I wake up in the middle of the night I take it off. As long as it has 4 hrs on it, it's good. I've also lost 50+ lbs, but until I can pay for my own "REAL" test and not the half butt thing they do, I'm stuck. Would also think about recovering my money for something I never needed.

7. Ultra7

Ultra7 Heavy Load Member

Feb 21, 2011
    NE Ohio
    What do mean they can control it remotely?

8. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    It's got a receiver transmitter, that runs off cell towers. When I first got it, I worked with the lady at the company to find the right setting and she could do it remotely.

9. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    That's pretty cool. Can they also have it speak subliminal messages to you while you sleep? :)

Newbomb Turk and kardolmer Thank this.
  10. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN
    Wouldnt put it Past them to do that.

11. tnt440

tnt440 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Hope she doesnt have a bad day or she might take it out on you.Big Brother is watching over you.Good Luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.