CPC Logistics/Walgreens Account

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by throwawayaccount1234, Dec 13, 2021.

1. throwawayaccount1234

throwawayaccount1234 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    CPC Logistics on the Walgreens Account, can be quite good, depending on what you are looking for. Home Everyday, but if for some reason you run out of hours they will pay for any hotel that you get.

CPC finds drivers for private fleets such as Walgreens/John Deere/Bridgestone Tires....etc

In 2019, I was on the Walgreens account doing a dedicated linehaul run, would normally leave around 4-7 in the afternoon/evening and be back around midnight to 4am in the morning. 500 miles a night exactly so it took me 4hrs each way. Only 8 hrs of driving a day on average, and home everyday. Day Cabs/ Mainly 48ft Trailers and light loads 12k or less

I averaged around $1650-$1700 a week (lowest week I think I made $1550 highest around $2300) Average 50-55hrs a week.

What is nice is you don't only get paid a cpm but also an hourly rate for all on duty time non driving time, so in 2019 I was making 55cpm but also $25.5 for all on duty time, so everything such as fueling/Pre&Post Trip/Switching Trailers, breakdown, washing truck, switching trucks which you could do anytime, getting fluids/sand/ caught in traffic and they were pretty good on making sure your trailer was ready when it was suppose to be but if not you sit and are making that hourly wage. This time Adds up big time, we as drivers waste so much time that we aren't paid for, so I definetley liked that aspect that you are paid for all time worked not just a flat cpm. Yes there were higher cpm places in 2019 but all the stuff mentioned will bring your hourly rate average down significantly that you are not paid for.

Never see anyone posting about this company, but all in all was good no uniform standards. Only bad thing is it still goes off bids so if someone else wants your job and they have seniority over you they place bid and you are SOL. and in my case there was only the peddling job that I could take.

If you want more info DM me.

Stay healthy and Safe.

Northern Nomad, chaselane and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I spent 8 years with CPC on the Bridgestone account in Roanoke Tx. Was a terrific job until I got too old to unload tires every day and wasn’t interested in the team runs they offered. JB Hunt took over this account and totally screwed that up about 2 years.
    I work for another private fleet and are doing well now.

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  4. throwawayaccount1234

throwawayaccount1234 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    Great to hear. I am glad you found another position. I got screwed out my line haul position back in 2019 from not only a guy out bidding me but from having a minor TIA, I am in my thirties but have had rough life and abused alcohol and drugs in the past. Then was told on a Sunday night I was off Linehaul after seeing going to the ER, VA, having a CAT Scan, EKG seeing a psychiatrist and getting a whole new physical. SMH. Use you and lose you.Life is nothing but a game. I always push forward and good for you for finding a new job for now!!!! Thanks for update. Glad you are doing Well.

Stay Healthy and Safe

5. kay_ray

kay_ray Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2019
    Worked for them in 2018 as a night driver. Walgreens account . Pay was good ,managers were really good, equipment was new but junk mx 13s , they do make you drive in bad weather, delivery drivers always complained about trailers not being loaded right and stuff falling on them . They change holiday working days right before big holidays so you cant really plan christmas,Thanksgiving and 4th of july.overall a decent company .

YardMule89 and dwells40 Thank this.
  6. Mike528

Mike528 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2021

7. Mike528

Mike528 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2021
    Wish something for that company was in my area of Tennessee

8. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    They had the Bridgestone tire account in Nashville and several other areas there when I worked for them years ago.

Mike528 Thanks this.
  9. chaselane

chaselane Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2022
    I see they are hiring in my area. I don’t know how to DM but want to know how physical is the job? Also will they take current valid med card? What is the hiring process, do they hire quickly? Automatic day cabs?

10. Speedy356

Speedy356 Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2021
    You will most likely have to take a new physical with almost every employer before they will hire you.

11. kay_ray

kay_ray Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2019
    If you are a day delivery driver it will be quite demanding . Go for the night relay shift thats where the bread and butter is.

chaselane Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.