CPC Logistics/Walgreens Account

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by throwawayaccount1234, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Rapid123

Rapid123 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2022
    Anyone know of anything local near Killeen TX. I have 4 months experience.

2. Rapid123

Rapid123 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2022
    Anyone know of a local company near killeen tx. I have 4 month of experience with dry van. Thank you.

3. throwawayaccount1234

throwawayaccount1234 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    Sorry for Late reply, but in my area yes they took my current physical only had to do a drug test, didn't have to do a road test either. Hiring process for me was a driver manager drove out to my area where I lived took us out to a diner and basically did a face to face interview, nothing very formal just trying to get to know you. Afterwards went into his car and filled out hiring paperwork. Yes they hire quickly, at that time I really needed a job, and they didn't have the linehaul position all together just yet but told me I could ride along with a peddler driver, so I did that for about 2 weeks starting the very next day after meeting with driver manager, and was paid just the same as that driver I was helping out until the linehaul was ready.

We had automatic mainly with some remaining manuals, all day cabs, Could switch out trucks whenever we wanted at the warehouse, first come first serve type basis,just log out of people net logs in one truck and log into in the next. I would only switch if there was an issue with the truck I was driving. Peterbuilts/freightliners/kenworths. Peterbuilts were normally governed at the fastest 67-68mph. Trailers were almost always 48 sometimes 53 and rarely once or twice I did pup doubles.

If doing the linehaul the physicality factor is none just drive to one place drop trailer pick up new trailer and drive back. If peddling, it depends there are 2 different ones, One (the one I was was doing linehual for and did peddle for 2 weeks as well, was liftgate). So everything was on dollys and in carts, pretty easy also have to pick up all the returnables such as dollys and carts and crates, kinda like a game of teteris, each store you go to you are unloading but then loading up all the returnables so you strap or put the returnables out the way for the next store that way you can easily off load the next stores merchandise, and put their returnables on the truck. They also have one where its floor loaded, so every package is on the floor and you use rollers at each store, I never did that but I met some of the drivers that did that physical factor is a lot more demanding.

Another driver posted as well the money is good, especially to be home everyday, doing light loads/day cabs/smaller trailers. linehaul is easy for the most part, but as other driver posted they do expect you to drive no matter what the weather is unless the road/interstate is closed, I normally would say no, because I know its all driver decision, But take your time because as I posted they have an hourly and cpm rate it goes to whatever works best for driver. Also the peddling job at least for the liftgate side can be very lucrative as well no need to kill yourself when you are getting paid hourly. Overtime after 8hrs a day which is great instead of the typical 40-50plud hrs some places do because they can and will cut you short at the end of the week, and some only pay straight pay so you never will see overtime. You can make 2k a week pretty easy doing the peddling and this was back in 2019 when I was there. I was making 1600-1700 a week average on linehaul, easier job but running nights, but peddling is days, home everyday, Plus they have $100 safety bonus you get every month.

I only left there because I am hot headed and don't take B.S. from anyone, and as per every company, not just trucking, you always have that person that is full of themself and on their high horse that thinks they can talk to others any which way they want. Which was not the case with me so I resigned. On to bigger and better things!!!

P.S. I hope this helps and I will reply to any other questions when I get a chance, stay healthy and stay safe.

chaselane and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.