CR England "beware"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wplezotte, Jul 12, 2011.

Are trucking companies sacrificing safety for $$$ ?

1. *

Yes

84.8%
  2. *

No

16.2%
  1. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    It is the unnecessary repairs that are used to nail your escrow (maintenance) fund... and it was those maintenance funds that was the subject of OOIDA's suit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

#### Ronin, I never knew that about the Mormons.

And that gives me an idea:

If we get EVERYONE in the country to convert to mormonism, ... we wouldn't need the criminals in congress to give us tort reform!!! LOL

And I wouldn't mind having about 6 wives either :biggrin_2559:

4. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'm not anti-Mormon... I'm Baptist, grandpa is the grand poobah in his church... I'm just anti-favoritism. I've seen it (favoritism) with several "groups"....especially on the East Coast...

5. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

I'm also Baptist. When I was little, our pastor's name was Tarrant. And he was EXTREMELY conservative and he was CRABBY and would start YELLING at the congregation on Sunday if he saw a teenage boy and girl do so much as hold hands in church.

After the sermons, when everyone was leaving, Pastor Tarrant would always stand by the door shaking everyone's hand as they left. Well I was only like 6 or 7 years old, and I didn't really know how to pronounce his name. I said "bye Pastor Tyrant"

Well some people were laughing, others were trying their best not to laugh. My mom's face was beet red and the pastor gave me this mean look like he was about to pull out a cat-o-nine-tails or something. :biggrin_2559:

6. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    im catholic which meanssi fif its feels good its wrong!!!:biggrin_25518::biggrin_25518::biggrin_2553:

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  7. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    The Siletz people kicked the Methodists out and asked the Catholics to come in instead. They found out the Catholics would let them drink and dance.

As far as Christian denominations, I would be Catholic as well. Oooohh, boy, do I need to go to Confession....

8. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    I don't discuss politics or religion, pretty much EVER... and only brouht up the Mormon issue because it interfered with me getting true justice when about $4k was taken from me.

It'll all come out in teh wash... and no offense to OOIDA, but I'm going to get some aggressive JEWISH East Coast lawyers involved... I'll help certify the class action..

9. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    So, what yer saying is, the only thing really that Is standing between you and your 4,000 dollars is not being able to find a utah lawyer to take your case? Are you serious? I know I never went to law school or don't really even know the first thing about practicing law but can you understand why I see this is ludicrous?

You mean to tell me you need a "non" Mormon lawyer that lives in the state of Utah to take your case?
    Whatever, bro. It's this kinda stuff right here that pushes me even further away from believing a word you say but you know what, it really doesn't matter at this point. I've argued with you long enough. There's things I've asked you that you haven't answered, the two that you did answer, I had to ask you twice. The only thing really that's been determined is the fact that you don't like England, you don't like hearing someone say they like England, you are not giving the whole story, and you will continue to try to get as many people as possible hate this company just as much as you do.

Right back atcha, pal.

You do that. Id love to see the outcome.

10. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    I think there was a little more too it than that. Seems like there was something questionable about the variable mileage payments, truth in leasing....

But it looks like this was won in the drivers favor. Although I see no reason to be concerned about not getting my maint fund money back at the end of my lease, hopefully by the time that time comes, England will have found out, that they cant get away with this stuff anymore. I dunno.

I dont know your whole story and I dont know the whole story on the lawsuits tween England and OOIDA.....

11. corneileous

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    But ronin, I am curious....... I don't know why I still am, but I am. If it was apparently so easy for OOIDA to go after England and win, why can't you go after them as an individual? You would think that if it was important enough to you, you would try a little harder for the justice you seek.

But, you claim that you tried, you just couldn't find an attorney to take your case because of englands supposed high statute in the Mormon church which tells me A, yer full of "you know what" because any good attorney will take a case regardless of his or her religious or political stances, B, you didn't look hard enough for an attorney or C, you didn't have enough evidence in the first place to make a case even though you claim to have all the necessary documents and what not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.