CR England "beware"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wplezotte, Jul 12, 2011.

Are trucking companies sacrificing safety for $$$ ?

1. *

Yes

84.8%
  2. *

No

16.2%
  1. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    "There's things I've asked you that you haven't answered"

Like what?

"I had to ask you twice"

OH! PLEASE FORGIVE ME.... I didn't mean to upset you, or fail to jump through your hoops. You're some anonymous guy on the internet, and I don't owe you anything... but again, please forgive me for not jumping through your hoops like a good circus poodle.

"But, you claim that you tried, you just couldn't find an attorney to take your case because of englands supposed high statute in the Mormon church which tells me A, yer full of "you know what" because any good attorney will take a case regardless of his or her religious or political stances, B, you didn't look hard enough for an attorney or C, you didn't have enough evidence in the first place to make a case even though you claim to have all the necessary documents and what not."

Yes, phone calls and emails for over a year to no avail, and yes, the Mormon faith IS that strong in its capital of SLC...

OOIDA didn't have to run around and get a Utah attorney to pursue their case because it was filed in Federal (district) court.

If you want me to jump through any more hoops, you can show some respect, or just leave me alone with your comments.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    CRE is one of the worsed companies out there in my opinion, there training is a joke, but a joke thats unlaughable, no one with a half a brain would stay there once they found out Englands true goal, ripe off there drivers!!!

4. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ripe off?

Actually, I disagree - CRE's training, if done right AFTER the initial course, is the best in the industry when it comes to training newbies. The school itself, at least the SLC version I saw while I was there, was thorough, strong, and didn't JUST do enough to get someone a CDL, like just about every other school out there.

If a person gets a decent trainer after the school, they can do fine... problem is, good trainers are hard to find, just like with everywhere else.

5. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    The CRE driving school was pretty good but my phase 1 trainer just taught me to drive in a straight line. I never even practiced backing until the day he dropped me off for upgrade.

My phase 2 trainer was upset that my phase 1 trainer didn't bother to show me the fundamentals of backing. So he just did all my backing for me since he said it wasn't his job to teach me how to back.

So once I was on my own I always had to ask another driver to help me back. It wasn't until a yard dog in southern Georgia spent 15 minutes with me and showed me the pivot and how to drive with your tandems. After that it just all clicked for me.

When I am out driving today I still think back to the things I learned at the CRE school and that keeps me safe and out of trouble.

6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    *gets the popcorn and lawn chair*

Anybody for another episode of the Cornelius and Ronin Show?

Rabbit_B, nckid and ironpony Thank this.
  7. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    You like? You know, I'm only here for your entertainment, ma'am.

ironpony, Injun and Rabbit_B Thank this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Isn't it great ... Then go over to the CR England DAC page. They're participating in a tag team on the OP, as well peacefully sharing information with each other.

Injun Thanks this.
  9. THE ROAD VIRUS

THE ROAD VIRUS Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Nomad
    just came across this ad:

Overview:

CR England, a 90-year leader in global transportation, and the nation's largest refrigerated trucking company is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Accident Prevention. This individual will be responsible for preventing all accidents involving driving and non-driving positions here at CR England.

Responsibilities:

• Must possess in-depth knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
    • Direct management of the safety department in offsite locations
    • Responsible for implementation of CR England fleet wide safety programs
    Driving
    Workers Comp
    OSHA
    • Manage the corporate CSA program
    • Evaluate new safety technologies and manage existing technologies
    • Possess an extensive knowledge of safety rules, regulations, and standards

Performance Measurements:

• Corporate Accident Rate
    • Corporate Incurred Cost Per Mile
    • Corporate DOT Accident Rate
    • Corporate Worker's Compensation Costs
    • Corporate CSA Score
    • Corporate Turnover Rate
    Do you think this is the result of their week long "1 rollover per day" campaign?

10. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Kind of a goofy job description, dont you think?

"This individual will be responsible for preventing all accidents involving driving and non-driving positions here at CR England."

This is not a job for a normal human, but someone wearing a cape, no matter what company you're talking about.

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Ummm.... didn't they forget about the part that specifies, "Bending over and taking the ol' corporate shaft dry?"

:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.