CR England "beware"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wplezotte, Jul 12, 2011.

Are trucking companies sacrificing safety for $$$ ?

1. *

Yes

84.8%
  2. *

No

16.2%
  1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Is there anyone on here who completed the lease and bought the tractor? I have a few questions about getting the title and leaving CRE.

The one guy I talked to about this at the truck stop said he had to pay a $500 exit fee and they held what was in his maintenance account for 45 days even though his truck was fully paid off. I should have gotten his number.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    45 days is standard for them...

4. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

And in your off time cure cancer, bring peace to the middle east, find Elvis, and most importantly ensure those metal detectors stay up and running.

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Probably because they fired the current director.

6. BigCed

BigCed Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2011
    I am supposed to be attending their trucking school 2 September but you guys are scaring the hell out of me!! I don't know if Im gonna do it or not now..I have to find somewhere to go though, especiall just getting out of the army..I need a company sponsored trucking school because I wont be able to afford it on my own. Is there anything good about CR England??? (other than nice trucks)

7. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    If you go company and our patient it might be an okay experience. They will probably make you company team drive for awhile but a company solo position always opens up.

8. wormsmachine

wormsmachine Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2011
    oxnar, ca
    I hate to correct you DEWEY120, but there was 2 rollovers yesterday. I'm a driver for CRE. All this company is about is "TRAINING" I'm an IC, I tried to run solo, wrong thing to do. I took on a student about two weeks ago and he did nothing but Bit#h and complain. Well I decided to pick up another student this morning and I ended up with a pretty good kid. He's 21, trucking in his blood, and family, and I even got a chance to stop at I-80 Iowa TS. wow I was very impressed. As far as CRE, I'm just going to be with them long enough to get 6 months than I'm out of there. Drove trk back in the 80's, to controling, watch out for companies that use Qualcomm. Enjoy the ride out there drivers. PEACE----WORM----

9. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    England sucks. England is a great place to get started.

Pick one of those statements to believe because what you believe is what will happen.

I got my CDL at England (SLC). I saw people who had a terrible experience, I saw people who had a good experience and I saw people who took a less-than-perfect opportunity and rise above it to reach their goals. In fact, I'm still in touch regularly with a couple friends from the school who are still with England after a couple of years and doing quite well. Not to say they're in love with the company, but they're making the most of an opportunity they may not have otherwise had.

Based on my very limited experience, I would have to say that England and other companies like them are all pretty much the same. Meaning, they have built a business model that is designed to work for them - not you. But with the right attitude and a clear head, you can use that model to get started and gain invaluable experience. Or it can be a disaster.

When you go to school (any school) you'll touch on trip planning. Trip plan your future and realize that where you start is not necessarily where you're supposed to end up.

AchioteCoyote Thanks this.
  10. wormsmachine

wormsmachine Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2011
    oxnar, ca
    CRE is just what you make out of it...If you get a chance go to there Mira Loma, Ca, class ,they're pretty good ole' boys down there, there alot os BS in every company. Do at least 6 months than you can go to work for several companies. Be Safe---Worm---

11. Dewey120

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I did the lease, I bought the truck at the end and now my truck will be fully paid off in one week. So it was not all bad it just depends on what you want out of your experience.

I am on a solo dedicated route where I average 3,100 miles a week. So without a truck payment I will net around $1500 a week. It took me roughly 3 years to get to this point.

I used to train and some of my former students had/have great success as company drivers. One of my former students does the green line fleet and he is home 2 days a week and grosses $1050. Another one does the intermodal now and takes home $1100 a week (home every night).

AchioteCoyote Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.