CR England "beware"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wplezotte, Jul 12, 2011.

Are trucking companies sacrificing safety for $$$ ?

1. *

Yes

84.8%
  2. *

No

16.2%
  1. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    Just out of curiosity does anyone have proof of these $10,000 payments?

I have no love for the Sons of Chester(or grandsons as the case is) and less for their current management team, but facts should be used when crucifying a company. They do enough wrong that they qualify for it.

Injun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Tried to look for it... what's the $10k reference?

4. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn

First post. OP said CRE gets$10000 for every driver that hits solo from the Feds. Have heard similar scenario's. $20,000 for every trained military recruit, $5,000 for foriegn nationals..........

Always get the "Well I know a guy that worked in planning and he told me" or" I saw secret papers left on my DM's desk" or something. I would love to see CRE held responsible for their actions. But over inflating the wrongs they have commited degrades legitimate complaints in my opinion.

That's why I asked if he had proof. If in fact he did it would be something that could be worked against especially considering the financial state of this country.

5. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    I REALLY doubt that if all of this were true, the paperwork for the payouts or receivables wouldn't be sitting on some worker bee's desk.

6. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Wow this thread is informational!
    Blows my mind so many accidents in a week!
    Safestat numbers are terrible!!!!

7. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    The only thing that has kept CRE off the radar is the sheer number of VMT per accident. Part of what I hope CSA accomplishes is highlighting companies like them and Fed-EX that use sheer volume to hide their records.

sammycat Thanks this.
  8. I_HATE_MINIVANS

I_HATE_MINIVANS Heavy Load Member

WHAT!?!?!? :biggrin_2556:

You think virgin tires don't blow?? Firstly, it's illegal to put retreads on the steer axle, and secondly I've seen 'em blow up LOTS of times. Never had one happen to me but I know it's happened to my company's trucks before and I know for a FACT my company doesn't put retreads on the steer axles.

9. wplezotte

wplezotte Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Never personally heard of one blowin, but then again, I only been drivin 3 years.....

10. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY

great point Tazz!!

11. wplezotte

wplezotte Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Oh...the 10k....it's not some secret or anything. Not some scam. It is actually legitimate. The government wants to retool the population into blue collar jobs. Nothing wrong with that. They have several programs to reward companies that train people for new careers. It helps take an unproductive citizen and put them to work. This helps the economy by increasing the tax return. This also reduces any other type of government entitlement/aid.

I have a friend in CT that went to the CT CDL Training Academy that costs 10K. He paid nothing. The government paid the tab as soon as he got his CDL. England won't advertize this. Nor should they. It is no secret. It just is!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.