CR England l/p drivers

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Chasingthesky, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Chasingthesky

Chasingthesky Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    C.R. England plans to appeal a federal judge’s class certification of a case alleging fraud, a ruling that could result in thousands of owner-operators joining the two independent contractors in the 2012 lawsuit.

Judge Robert J. Shelby for the District of Utah gave permission Tuesday to allow the suit against the truckload carrier to proceed as a class action lawsuit. It gives plaintiffs 30 days to prepare a final plan for notice to class members.

Plaintiffs allege fraud and other statutory claims against the truckload carrier and its related company, Horizon Truck Sales and Leasing. The England family runs the company as well as Opportunity Leasing, Inc. which operates under the name Horizon Truck Sales and Leasing. Horizon’s primarily purpose is to lease trucks to drivers who work as independent contractors affiliated with England.

Shelby’s ruling certificates CRE owner-operators as a class if they:

•Signed the vehicle leasing agreement with Horizon;
    •Signed the independent contractor operating agreement with C.R. England;
    •Did the above during the applicable statute of limitations period; and
    •Drove at least one day as an independent contractor lease operator for C.R. England.

http://www.overdriveonline.com/cour...r-operators-to-join-suit-against-c-r-england/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    CR England needs to get sued out of business.

Bean Jr. and milehunter43 Thank this.
  4. Chasingthesky

Chasingthesky Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    They're trying their best

5. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    The wife and I drove for them as I/C's from 01/12 til 05/13. We actually did pretty well taking home, (after taxes), about $2200 per week on average. I didn't mind the money we were making, realizing of course that we weren't ever going to own the truck as their L/P program isn't designed that way. I used to meet solo L/P drivers that couldn't clear $400 per week and could not of afford to take any home time at all due to negative settlements! I hope those guys get some relief, not because their dumb ### deserves it but just to stick it to the England family! I will be checking to see if we qualify, again just to stick it to the england family. Not sure if you can tell but I'm really not a fan of their's.

6. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Look at road runner the feds got them by the b@lls for miss stating how well they was doing not looking very good for them this is worst the pilot rebate scam some one is going to club fed

7. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    Steve the judge said the class action suit went back 6 years from 2012.

8. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I worked there 9mo the contract... I was surprised they never trued to get me to lease... My DM loves me but he also knew how I felt about the owners and some of the company policies... Maybe he told them not to bother he will just curse you out and then go on a trade about how your ripping off your employees.
    He was also unaware of the lawsuits until I told him about them and linked them... This was right about a year ago when I left

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.