Cr England lease

Discussion in 'CR England' started by bre1979, Jul 12, 2008.

1. tm2002

tm2002 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2008
    tower mn
    Sounds like New dirty tricks Keep cheep labor {new drivers} behind the wheel longer .
    Are they still paying $50.00 per day ? and . 11 for training teams ?
    on the + side atleast you'd have a little more experance b-4 they cut you loose.
    Tip make a trip to walley world you can save a ton of $$$ eating microwave meals.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tm2002

tm2002 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2008
    tower mn
    You have the right to view the oragnal freight bill [WHAT ENGLAND IS CHARGING THERE COUSTMER ] walk into there office and ask to see the bill I never did when I was there wish I did seamd like paid millage was 3 to 10 % less than actual millage.
    I needed 3400 miles for a good week , 2800 and I was driving for free .
    Drive 7 day a week the best 5 for the Co. fuel and the truck 2 for you.
    Never take any home time and in the end you'll still owe thousands $$$

4. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan
    Its funny to listen to people talk about this now. When i got my first lease truck there the vmc was .03 cents. 1cent back to you. Then it went to .05 then .08 then .14.lol. When it was .03 you could break even with 1600 paid miles. My second lease truck was at .05 then i was a trainer. Took home n e where from 1100 up to 2400+ one week. After that they started to charge trainers more for training their students. I never had to be on the 14 cmp vmc but i had friends who were..lol what a joke. N e how thats all in the past i left there in feb of 08 with a nice phat check of 8300 bux my last check + my maint reserve. I feel sorry for the lessees nowaday. thinking that they are getting a good deal if they had a 600 dollar check. Even when running solo my worst week as 460bux with not much effort on my part. But that was when the vmc was only .03 cpm

5. jar_head_johnny

jar_head_johnny Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Yale, MI
    I am a company driver for England, our truck is a team truck. some weeks are better we get a boat full of miles (6429 last week) mostly average out at 4550 though. with that, after health insurance and school costs taken out, I still get a check roughly in the low to mid $600.00 not going to make me a million, but enough to pay my bills. I am with fleet C8 and DM has been very good with miles and home time requests. have no complaints far and have been with company for 6 months now. still would never lease my own truck from England though. until I outright buy my own truck, I will continue to run as a company driver.

6. SLCTrucker

SLCTrucker Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Salt Lake City UT
    While I am a current lease driver with England it really depends on what you are looking for in driving and working for a company like CRE.
    I am also a trainer, as "He who is called I am" said he was too. I have heard good and bad as training for this company.
    Leasing is not for everyone but it does have some advantages and some disavantages.
    You never own the truck.
    My current lease is at .06 variable mileage, new lease program lets you buy the mileage down from .14 with bonus points, safety meeting attendance and so on.

Now some trainers are just scum not in it to teach students how to drive but just in it for the money. NOT COOL
    Some of us probally remember our 1st day driving a truck uncertain of what to do.
    My 1st job, after getting CDL went for interview, ok you got licence, med card theres your truck off you go, no training nothing.
    Now as a trainer with england I know some of you are going to disagree with me but truthfully I am making it fine. work 5 or 6 days a week run 6000 miles a week and my checks are over $2000 a week and I dont have to run illegal.
    You always get back what you put in. Take time to teach students how to drive and back, teach em right work with them and you will be rewarded.
    I read somewhere as a trainer someone said you have to pay to have a student on your truck. Yes this is right, but see the big picture.
    I might have to pay approx $35.00 a day for a student but all the miles the student runs I get paid at normal mileage rate .90 so its not all bad.
    Do I think students get paid enough. NO
    Many have no money getting on the truck. I always make sure they get fed while on my truck.

Another thing I see is people talking fuel cap # 1.25.
    While good for new guys you always know how much you paying you can make more from the rebate.
    I average about 6.5 to 6.8 mpg in a New Cascadia amd after rebates and finding lowest cost fuel normally pay about 80 to 90 cents a gallon.

Many time I see people talking possitive about england only to be slammed as being a recruter I am not.

And with this final word if you want to run solo.... DO NOT LEASE YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT ......

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
    Baack Thanks this.
  7. jmmate

jmmate Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    flint,mi
    well i am now waiting in the days inn for my trainer to show up. been here a week and i am getting on the truck sunday night after the trainer finishes her hometime. there will be 3 people in the truck so it will be crowded. the pay is $62.00 a day now for phase 1 and .12 mile for phase 2. its better than almost all the other companies out there for a starting wage. ithink it will all work out in the end. you have to be a strong willed person to do this for sure. a weak person or someone who likes to complain or someone who doesnt like things unless its their way, this isnt for you!!!! it has been quite a process,but ill get through it.

8. jmmate

jmmate Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    flint,mi
    yeah, it will be a long month for sure. i am hoping it wont be too bad. i partnered up with a pretty good guy. my trainer is a women and none of us smoke. so it should be good. i hope she drives some though. we arent suppose to drive between 12-6a so i dont know how that is going to work.

9. jar_head_johnny

jar_head_johnny Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Yale, MI
    good luck with that no driving from midnight to 6am. my first night on a trainer truck I drove from 8pm until 6am. it all depends on how well you drive and if your trainer is ready to put their life on the line and let you drive during those hours. good luck though, if I can make it...anyone can

10. jmmate

jmmate Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    flint,mi
    thanks for the encouragement. dont get a lot of that on here. i dont like to drive that late at night anyway, so it will work out good. i have the same attitude, if i can make it, anyone can.

11. Tater

Tater Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Battle Creek, Michigan
    Hey Johnny. If you have the time could you tell me everything about your training at CRE? My finace' and I will be going to the same facility you attended soon. How were the rooms? How many to a room? What's available for meals? How many woman were in your class? What were the instructors like? How was the trainer you were assigned? How did the 2nd seat phase go? Give me any info you think we may want/need to know. Sorry for all the questions but I just want to know all I can so I kind of know what to expect. Thanks a bunch!
    Drive safe!! :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.