CR England?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by wcherron, Feb 24, 2015.

1. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

You need to update your research a bit. Swift has dumped a ton of money into new equipment, as well as quite a hefty pay raise for their drivers. They're actually becoming somewhat respectable among the starter companies.

OTOH, it looks like US Xpress is trying to de-throne CR England...

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoneYourWay

DoneYourWay Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    haters be hatin'

i pull for CRE, just a rook but that is why i came here first for my career, i got my license and endorsements before hiring on, CRE is considered a "training" company and there are many opportunities here as a new driver

i am on a dedicated fleet and one of my fellow drivers who is a solid veteran driver told me a story yesterday about when he was caught in an adverse weather situation in Washington state, he was hauling $250k worth of avocados in his refer and almost ran out of refer fuel while he waited on the side of the road for two days, this driver siphoned fuel from his tractor into his refer and saved the freight

when he got back to the CRE yard in Salt Lake City, Gene England was there waiting for him and when he got out of his truck, Mr. England thanked him for his initiative and handed him a check for $1,000

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That's called a trucker story. There's plenty of them.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    How long have you been at England?

6. DoneYourWay

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    i would be happy to get that $150, you can send it to me if your pride won't let you accept it, seems like you are expressing some misplaced entitlement, false hubris

was your husband doing any work for those 5 days? i don't get paid unless i work, why would a company pay a trainee employee when they are not even productive yet let alone fully trained? you say he "sat there for 5 days waiting", this is because at this stage of his career as a company driver he is 100% dependent on available loads, trainers, team drivers, equipment--literally everything he needs to make a living, as a trainee he must wait for these things to become available because there is no other way to get trained if going through a training company such as CRE

he will be in training mode for some time now depending on his skills and attitude, it is a matter of years

you have posted elsewhere on TTR about your preoccupation with that female team member and you continue to beat that drum, it does not matter who his partner is and it is none of your business who she chooses to marry, and none of this personal info has any bearing on operating that rig and making a living doing so

your husband is your only dog in this fight and you should build on your relationship with him rather than going after a strange female with your confusion and irrational upset, if you had any idea of what happens in a big rig you would understand it is not a big deal that she is a female

just because you married him does not mean all other females on the planet find him attractive

IMHO just because you married him does not mean you "own" him, and just because his partner likes females instead of males does not mean your husband won't fall in love with her anyway because she might be a tremendous human being! why not become a tremendous human being yourself? why not focus on your marriage instead of this random female? back off of your unfounded recriminations and consider not burdening this driver with your personal problems as she has enough to deal with working through her own training experience and making her career work out and not getting killed or hurting someone else or causing damage

i am a straight female and have been in trucks teamed with married males and if some insecure misinformed jealous nagging wife came after me...girl, that would not be a pleasant conversation for her, because as a professional driver i have many other more critical responsibilities: to my truck and trailer, freight, customer, fellow drivers, general public, DOT, etc., making someone feel better about their marriage is not my responsibility "period"

7. DoneYourWay

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    agreed, there are plenty of them, this is not that

obviously you are free to believe what you want, if you have a bias then i suppose this story would not sound credible to you

i actually know this man and speak to him every day, he is a good person, he has integrity and he is an excellent driver, he has no reason to lie to me, his personality traits are consistent with this story and i believe it to be true

8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You can believe what you want, I'm not trying to take anything away from you. I just know England. You are a new driver. You'll learn soon enough that these stories have lots in common with each other. And you'll learn how bad CRE really is and why they are at the bottom of everyone's list. But I wish you luck.

Joetro and Shaggy Thank this.
  9. DoneYourWay

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    thanks, i'll take the luck if it is available but i don't count on it

we have 4,000 drivers at CRE so CRE is not at the bottom of "everyone's list" and please know i am not here to promote or defend CRE, just sharing my personal CRE experience which has been pretty great so far

both of my phase 1 trainers were making six figures--they showed me their pay settlements

you may not believe this story either but here goes: when i was in Phase 1 my first trainer jack knifed on black ice and was terminated, then a couple days into my second trainer's truck, who was mentally unhinged and likely clinically depressed, he flew into a rage and suddenly kicked me out of his truck at midnight at a small ts in the middle of Tennessee, he said i did not accelerate onto the highway "fast enough" so he made me immediately pull off and ordered me and my gear out of his truck, and then he drove off into the night leaving me there alone

a few days later after i submitted my "trainer review" to the company, Mr. Dan England called me on my cell phone to discuss the Tennessee incident and he apologized for the trainer's behavior

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You're a liar. I know what happened. I was there (doing a really bad Brian Williams impression). In the grand scheme of trucking, CRE is one of the worst. Now I'm sorry about your first two "trainers", especially the second one. But Unfortunatley, that's the norm and not the exception (anyone can be a trainer these days at these companies). Here's to better pastures for you when you realize it. Cheers! Be safe!

Shaggy and Joetro Thank this.
  11. DoneYourWay

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    not trying to get the "last word" but i may not have been clear in my post, i don't need any sympathy and i am not sorry at all for my experiences with my trainers, time has passed and i forgive them, i have more experience btw and have become a better driver and i realize looking back now i learned a lot from both of them

just wanted to convey my "trucker story" about Mr. Dan England checking in on my welfare and how it is possible to make a living at CRE

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.