Cracked trailer bumper.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Mototom, Feb 15, 2020.

1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

DOT doesn’t bother megas as much as small fleets. Chances you’ll get a level-1 DOT inspection are slim. I never got one for 5 years. On average, I received a level-2 or 3 about 2-3 times a year. Level 3 (paperwork inspection) is the most common.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    no, not when you get "elected" to be an "errand boy" and lose out on valuable miles/money. oh sure they "may" pay you an hourly wage to drive there if it is local, and maybe for your time waiting. however, it'll NOT match the money you would have earned miles wise. then too, after taxes aree taken out, think maybe you'll end up with half of what they will pay you to be an "errand boy".

stop, and think about what is really gonna be a safety issue, before you go off and start reporting every little thing.

in the end, you ain't really doing yourself any favors. and you're still just a number at your employer, just as easily to be fired the next day, so where does being an "errand boy" work out for you then..??

PE_T Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    the ONLY DOT inspection that i can recall, was back at the scales, north bound in VA on I-95, (i think around the Dumfries area????)

and THAT was back in the late 1990's...!!!!

every other time, i was pulled into the scale house, they were already loaded with trucks....lol

then of course, the bulk of my career was night time driving, and nearly all the scales on my routes, were locked up tighter than a frogs butt underwater..

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I ran for a company once that didn't want anyone welding on a loaded trailer. Not that I cared what they wanted when I needed to get a mudflap bracket welded back on after I blew a tire.

magoo68 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Now you're thinkin' with that pumpkin of yours.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    You say that now but as an owner operator, my plug kit and air hose gets me to a tire repair shop to have patched instead of having to pay a ton of money for a roadside call.

PE_T and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I’ll plug one in an emergency. They last for hundreds of miles in my farm truck and those tires get 80psi

Chubby Fly and PE_T Thank this.
  9. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, but how many miles, and how much weight were you hauling, compared to 80,000 pounds???

PE_T Thanks this.
  10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    On that bumper crack. Get some “JB Quik”. Mix it up on a piece of plastic and wipe it in with a finger. Fixed.

Mototom Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's the stuff i could not recall..!!!

Chubby Fly Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.