Craigslist jobs

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Willbrk4Food, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Willbrk4Food

Willbrk4Food Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I know a few drivers have not so good opinions about finding a job on Craigslist, but here's a different prospective.

I found my job on Craigslist 4 years ago. I hired on as a part time dump truck driver, since I had a full time driving job at another company. I liked the set up. Whenever I had a day off, I had hours and wanted to drive, they put me in a truck.

After 2 years of part time work I switched to full time. I drive a class b dump truck on a mine during the spring and summer. In the fall I drive a semi pulling a hopper. In the winter I drive OTR, and sometimes a dump truck when I'm back in town and they need me to plow and spread salt.

I've been driving 15 years, and this is my favorite driving job. It's a small carrier with 50 dump trucks and 10 semis. I get paid by the hour and make the same hourly rate year round. Even in a semi OTR during the winter I'm paid by the hour. Since I had to certify for TWIC, hazmat and mining, I'm one of their highest paid drivers.

They keep me busy during the week. 60-70 hours. When I'm in a semi I'm home every weekend. They have paid vacations, paid holidays and 401k matching.

Piece of advice: if you're looking for a job on Craigslist DO NOT give any personal information and DO NOT give any money. If you can't show up to fill out an app then don't bother as it might be a scam.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    Niche jobs are good on Craigslist (dump truck, local etc) but if it's a company paying 1099 with a photoshopped picture of a truck with their company name on it....id stay away lol

4. Willbrk4Food

Mar 16, 2017
    Thanks for mentioning that but yeah, I agree. No 1099 if you're driving a company truck.

By the way, sorry for the forum handle. I was hungry when I made this account. Lol

KillingTime and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  5. Willbrk4Food

Mar 16, 2017
    One of my favorite aspects of this company is how they treat drivers. It's like an extended family. They also take safety very seriously. Their CSA score is at a whopping 0% after 20 inspections.

One thing the company just started was taking all their drivers who had a clean year of driving to participate in a gocart race. These aren't the rinky-dink gocarts either. These suckers will go 100+ mph. We had our race last week and I got to pit the bossman. Spun him out like a washing machine. Lol

6. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    Id love to get into local dump work if it wasn't so up and down.... around the DFW it really doesn't pay much honestly. I'm trying to get into heavy haul so i can get one of those high paying equipment mover jobs off craiglist lol

Willbrk4Food Thanks this.
  7. Willbrk4Food

Mar 16, 2017
    I sometimes do heavy haul. My truck is set up for it, but since it's a piece of garbage prostar they use me as a last resort. Lol

8. Willbrk4Food

Mar 16, 2017
    One thing of many that I love about dump trucking is that there's still a brotherhood. If you break down on a haul road, 5-9 trucks will stop to check on you in 5 minutes.

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  9. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Got my job off Craigslist. It's great, 3 person company and good hourly pay and benefits.

Sometimes pick up and dump loads of DEF with a tanker and run 1200 miles in two days but 95% of the time I'm local and off by 5pm.

I do it all, work in the warehouse, deliver lubes/coolant in a pump truck, deliver DEF with a tanker, sometimes I just deliver barrels with a pickup.

I like the wide variety of work, I couldn't do OTR, but overnights here and there are nice just to get out and run a ton of miles and see some things, a few nights sleeping in a truck is enough for me.

10. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I found my job on Craigslist, had never heard of the company otherwise. About 30 trucks. You can certainly do much worse than this place. I get a respectable mileage rate, they have top-notch equipment, and for the most part it's ok. I don't sit around much and get home regularly. Most jobs on Craigslist you can smell the bs from 1000 miles away but there is a diamond in the rough here and there

11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I found my job with Lexmar on Craigslist. Was looking for a non OTR job and found this Regional job pretty easily.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.