Crawler Hauler Build Thread!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by rustyshakelford, Apr 16, 2021.

1. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2017
    We’re a little under 3 weeks until we leave for the trip. I’ve been out of town for a week at a training class and feeling the pressure to get back. Nothing has been done to the truck since those pictures were taken. Still having powerloss issues. I think we’re going to replace all the fuel lines and go from there. They are rock hard and I’m sure if that’s not a problem now, it will be soon. Could also be the pick up tubes in the tank but I’m hoping not as they are both over 3/4 full.

I feel reasonably confident the truck is going to break down at some point on the trip and that’s a terrible feeling, looking for some great road side assistance to get us somewhere safe in the event of that. I probably should’ve kept my f350 for this trip but we’re going to make it work hopefully

brett

Itsbrokeagain and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    Sounds like there's definitely a potential for issues, especially with those rock hard fuel lines. The slightest leak will have it sucking air, it's cheap insurance to replace all of it if possible and a new set of filters to bring along just in case. I don't think I've ever seen anyone saying pick-up tubes were broken or a culprit but don't hold me to it.

rustyshakelford Thanks this.
  4. rustyshakelford

Dec 28, 2017
    my only line of thinking is that they could be sucking debris but the tanks looks pretty clean. I definitely feel more confident in the fuel lines being a highly likely culprit after your post too. Hopefully it’ll be the ticket

brett

Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  5. rustyshakelford

Dec 28, 2017
    Haven’t updated in a long time. We’re on the tail end of our month long trip. This is how the trailer and camped ended up. Truck weight with the frame only for the flatbed was a hair under 16k. We’re around 42k going down the road.

Ended up adding a Coleman 13.5 rooftop AC to the tractor too.

Brett

Attached Files:

Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  6. rustyshakelford

Dec 28, 2017
    Nearly had a catastrophe pulling into the campground near glacier natl park. Long story short truck was dumping oil. Luckily it only started 1 mile from our stop after driving for 10 hours. The compressor bolts had backed out and it was dumping oil from between the compressor and block. Tightened them up and added lock tite. 4 gallons of oil later we were ready to roll again.

Also found my front drive axle brakes were considerably cooler than the rear, slack adjusters are seized but got all but one in adjustment. Get to deal with that when we get home along with getting my overhead adjusted. Jake isn’t holding to well on grades and thinking that might be the culprit

Brett

Attached Files:

Itsbrokeagain and RocketyMan Thank this.
  7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I was wondering how you secured the trailer--pretty slick bracket setup!!

rustyshakelford Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.