Crazy FedEx driver!

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by Bkkphotog, Dec 7, 2013.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So this driver was in a restricted lane?I thought the farthest right lanes was for trks.I know the 2 left lanes are restricted.
    Im sooooooooooooooooooo confused,lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Out of 4 lanes the op was in 3rd from the left. Meaning the only fast lane for trucks.

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  4. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    So you decided to play games with him - brilliant !

he prob passed you On the left ...in a non- truck lane ...
    cone on out here for few years ...you'll learn to move over ( its called being courteous )

tinytim and Flex Thank this.
  5. GITRDUN45

GITRDUN45 Heavy Load Member

Sep 30, 2013
    And the winner is ......................................FLATBEDN by a landslide.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  6. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    I'd pass him on the right ... But that a NO NO as well
    but some folk just won't move over out of the way

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    You were taking pictures while driving 294? I guess it's safe to assume traffic was light enough that there was no reason you couldn't move to the granny lane.

I drive through there a fair bit. When traffic is heavy I'll usually go with the flow in the 2nd lane. When it thins out though there's no reason to be there holding up faster trucks.

8. Flatbedn

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Patty j the image I attached is 294 n and the op was in the lane the red truck was in. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386460649.567341.jpg

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. Bkkphotog

Bkkphotog Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2013
    For everyone who is trying to comment without knowing the entire situation, I can tell you there were two other semis to my right at the time FedEx decided he would try to muscle me out of "his" lane. I had my cruise set, and I was moving past some other traffic at the time that would've prohibited any type of lane change to the right, even if I had some type of obligation to do so. He obviously could see this. Also, he did not follow me for any period of time to give me a chance to make a move - he came barreling up behind me and instantly glued himself to my rear.

It doesn't take a CDL to figure this situation out - and clearly having a CDL doesn't make some people better drivers.

10. Flatbedn

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    But the fact of what you did was even more ####### stupid.

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  11. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    This is what really irks me. Trucks are allowed in the two right lanes. So other trucks or even four wheelers will be just hanging out in our hammer lane. It's not cool to have to pass anyone on the right. But these idiots just set in the truck left lane. Sometimes I jump in the third lane from right and pass. One time in Indianapolis I did this and BAM, immediately got pulled over. I asked the trooper wtf was I suppose to do? I am not suppose to pass on the right and you have vehicles just setting in my passing lane, below the speed limit? He looked at my log book and just gave me a warning ticket. No inspection. Said he understood but as long as they are going the minimum, there was nothing he could do. But said if I do it again, he'll ticket me.

It's a catch 22 really. Pass on the right, which is actually unsafe? Pass on the left, which is a truck lane violation? Or get behind vehicle, flash lights etc..., being perceived as an aggressive driver etc....?

Just do what is suppose to be...if you are a truck....SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. If you are in a four wheeler, just stay out of the truck passing lane. Use courtesy...it's not that darn hard. There's more going on in the world than what's in the cab of the vehicle you're in.

And for anyone to play games with a big truck....you're being moronic. Guess you can't fix stupid.

Flatbedn and HalpinUout Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.