CRE could it be true !?!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Giuseppe Ventolucci, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Monterey as in California?. Nope not moving there, not even for 90k local.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Then there's taxes, so he'll walk away with a solid $4,500.00

4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    [​IMG]

Toomanybikes, Trucker Paul and Puppage Thank this.
  5. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    About $50k. Next year I'll prob be at $60 but working a lot of OT

6. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Even if Satan offers a lifetime of Jack Daniels and unlimited virgins on a billboard, I ain't calling him.

bzinger and Giuseppe Ventolucci Thank this.
  7. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    How would that be possible ? Just kidding .

Giuseppe Ventolucci Thanks this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Me? ... No I'm quite content pulling $77K-$81K, working 38-40 weeks a year, solo.

Giuseppe Ventolucci Thanks this.
  9. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Nope. Not "fleasing." Company trainers can and do make 90 at CRE.

10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Yeah but that's gross. I think the thing to remember is that means you'll take home maybe 70 maybe. In Cali I don't see but maybe half of what I gross.

alghazi Thanks this.
  11. TahoeTrucker

TahoeTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Dude the only thing I picture is what I see in the Fontana yard all the time is some clueless newb behind the wheel in a CRE trying to hit the dock looking at the trainer who is out of the truck trying to explain what to do and blocking all of us trying to leave and the hostlers getting impatient.

I remember one time I called into line dispatch from the hotel and they said you need to hold on man I have a cr England truck trying to back in and it is taking 45 minutes for him to still not figure it out.

Just remember that money isn't everything and be careful what you wish for. Training can be pretty stressful. You might get some that have what it takes and you will definitely get some that just can't do it. This job is easy for some of us and others seem to never figure it out.

I remember training this guy when I drove reddy mix who was 10 years older than me and just got his license through his last company, class b no formal training so of course he was smarter and wiser than me. We were backing down a narrow dirt driveway about 300 yards long with a bit of a slope. He put the truck in neutral and just started pumping the brakes. I said just put in gear man wtf. He argued with me and got all pissed off saying how he was watching his air and it was all good. I kicked him out of my truck after that and said good luck. He went with another guy for a week then on his own for 2 more weeks and then quit. Training sucks and is dangerous. Maybe OTR is different but my experiences training have never been worth while. Definitely memorable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.