CRE could it be true !?!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Giuseppe Ventolucci, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    That music video and song is so dumb it even makes me embarrassed and I'm not associated with.

Toomanybikes and TahoeTrucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Giuseppe Ventolucci Thanks this.
  4. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if trainers weren't in it for the money... I like the idea. But come on now... 99/100 out there are just 1-padding their check 2- are too lazy to work on their own and want to sit in the passenger seat/sleeper while the trainee makes their mortgage payment.

But oh that 1/100.... That guy is a wonderful person...

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  5. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Did you get verbally abused by an certified A-Hole?

I remember in one trip back to the West Coast I drove my 11 hours, I noticed we were about 300 miles away when I went off duty and to the sleeper. I figured when I wake up we'll be hitting a dock or already with a load back to the East Coast. To my surprise, we were still not in California and and we were still 200+ miles away from the destination.

I never complained or said anything, but I know now why guys get pissed off when the trainers are all talk but lazy as Eff

Friday and TahoeTrucker Thank this.
  6. TahoeTrucker

TahoeTrucker Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    I lasted less than a month before I went on home time and didn't go back... I took a job doing ready mix and stayed local. OTR was not for me and being locked in the truck going coast to coast with a weird a hole trainer was definitely not for me.

Florida Playboy Thanks this.
  7. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Nov 29, 2015
    It's the perfect job for a single guy with no kids and wife, but when you're young you want to do other things and have fun.

I'm just trying to pay my bills but yeah OTR is definitely not a life style for everyone

8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    While I do agree that many trainers are just in it for the money, I don't think its as bad as 99 out of 100. If it where really that bad, this industry would be a lot more messed up than it is.

9. Joec111

Joec111 Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2016
    The trainer didn't stab anyone. The trainee is in it for the money, too. Everyone needs money. Some trainees get government assistance money to pay their CDL training. If the trainer feels threatened he should not have to stay with a trainee. My husband has been driving for over 27 years OTR and he was thinking about being a trainer until this happened. Companies will hire anyone for cheap labor. This shows that companies want cheap labor before professionalism and safety.

speedyk Thanks this.
  10. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Nov 29, 2015
    Does he ever take you on the road?

11. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Let's not forget Beau is on the coast of Central CA, so in reality the $50's-60's in normally priced places. Here in Central VA there is no shortage of local guys in the $65-75k range which would equal a lot more vs cost of living. In the end it's pretty doable just a bad numbers comparison.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.