CRE could it be true !?!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Giuseppe Ventolucci, Sep 8, 2016.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    In the kung ## movies, the master is the one that perfected his craft and now faces the final challenge...to teach a student to master the art.

I took a part time job as a personal trainer. Had to. I had guys training with me and tgr personal trainers complained that I was cutting into their money. So the management was trying to throw me out.

"You mean I paid money upfront for a year membership, and you want to void my contract because I am working outw ith a couple people and spotting anyone that need a spot?"

So they offered me a job. With a free membership. Had to go tbrough their little certification program and all, and they wanted me to train people their way. Their training program was imo, largely ineffective. But that's exactly why they wanted their trainers to train that way. Take your clients hard earned money for as long as you can. Appalling in my opinion.

I was much more interested in seeing people reach their fitness goals. Much more satisfying.

If I owned a trucking company, I would have a different approach on training. A trainer would have to have a minimum 5 yr, outstanding performance record. I would pay mileage plus a $30000k bonus per student, provided that the student stays on a year. Give me a solid driver and I will make you feel like a fat rat in a cheese factory.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    You can make that in Southern Cali. Private fleets. 12 hour days, 5 days a week.

Redtwin and Air Cooled Thank this.
  4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Yeah but Cali.

I will stick with my 36 cpm.

5. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    But have you even seen the shiny that In N Out private fleet runs?

6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Unless it is visible from the state border, i dont want to see it.

Friday and TankerP Thank this.
  7. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I wouldn't want multiple strangers in my "home" no matter how much you paid me. When i go through training having to share a truck with a stranger is bad enough for me.

8. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    How was your training?

9. 1278PA

1278PA Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Didn't start yet just saying i don't look forward to sharing a truck in training.

Giuseppe Ventolucci Thanks this.
  10. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore

Yup those gorgeous long nose Petes with dual stacks and all the chrome and lights. If I lived near Stockton I'd be all over that. The cost of living in that area is dirt cheap. Get out of that city into the country surrounding stockton and your looking pretty good... And it's California. A lot of folks on here really dislike this place

Friday Thanks this.
  11. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I've always said there has to be guys over there that are making money, I've run into their guys here and there and some of them definitely don't seem to be rookies that don't know any better or people that aren't being paid, they just don't have that look to them. Sure their the minority by a lot but you figure the company would disintegrate of all that had was morons driving for $400/wk. They've advertised local hourly jobs here before, unless the hourly rate was minimum wage I don't see how they could screw those people too much, unless of course it was haha.

Giuseppe Ventolucci and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.