Creative Parking is cool. Until it ain't.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Getsinyourblood, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Anyone go to this Loves near Tacoma?

x1Heavy, Valik1200, InTooDeep and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Worst truck stop in the country.
    I avoid it at all cost.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Not sure what's worse, the new drivers who can't very well deal with cramped conditions, or the older truckers who no longer give a crap and create cramped conditions.

They really need to put a 24/7 pay shack at the scales. Those cat scales drive a lot of the unwanted parking along the egress route. Granted, that was a dumb place to park, but there was no reason for England to have clipped him like that.

The city managers and planners in the area should all be forced to do 20 hours of community service each and every week at this truck stop managing traffic and mal-parked trucks. They cause this cluster #### with their not allowing any more truck stops or truck parking areas anywhere in the area, they should have to deal with the ramifications.

5. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I agree, if the coops that are both north and south of
    The loves Put in a cat scale, 70 percent of the trucks
    Wouldn't waste a minute going in that rat hole.

Only reason I ever stop there is to weigh the truck,
    And that could be an hour and a half alone.
    Everything else can wait.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  6. Getsinyourblood

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    At least the containers don't seem to be blocking other trucks and were pretty much out of the way. It was the white Volvo on the right that was really screwing the pooch. CRE would have to be at fault for hitting a stationery object. Maybe he was trying to avoid those moon crater potholes, which might have tilted his trailer into the container anyway.
    And I don't doubt local government/city planners attitudes contribute to this situation. But perhaps Loves Corporation has their head stuck in the sand, too.

7. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Nothing new.
    Just another poorly trained, inexperienced and unaware driver.

If you ever park in a cluster ####, be aware you may get ####ed.

KillingTime and sevenmph Thank this.
  8. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Did we all watch the same video here? What do you mean you saw his trailer tilt? The only tilt I saw was from his steering left mid-lenght of his trailer passing the Volvo.

sevenmph Thanks this.
  9. Getsinyourblood

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Lol. I didn't mean to push your buttons. I just brought out the fact that there were some big potholes that may have contributed to CRE's poor decision.

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    No reason for England to hit that truck......that said, no reason to be parked 3 or 4 deep in a no parking zone.

hagarcobra, DTP, KillingTime and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The basic question stands: Why even go in there? There are dudes in there that have lived there for years.

The title of this thread is what 25% of what OTR trucking is all about, and a trip or two to Tacoma or Fife will turn the light bulb on, or burn the old one out.

I'm illegally parked in Olympia as I type this.

Let's define illegal. I'm not sure if it's posted. If no one bothers me, is it really illegal? I have reckoned two other spots, I think I could idle to, without tripping my e-log.

Tomorrow I have FOUR stops in Tacoma, and will probably eat a motel room down the street from that Love's when I'm done, or drive all the way out to the TA, then back into the madness on Friday morning for three more stops, and ending in Everett. From Everett the TA isn't so bad.

When you can take the corndog from my hand, you will have learned.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.