Creative Parking is cool. Until it ain't.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Getsinyourblood, Aug 14, 2017.

1. VantaiTatted

VantaiTatted Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Maryland
    That’s a shame. The ones I deliver to in the DE area I still see a few trucks parked, but not like it use to be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Thank your fellow truck driver.

Generally tho parking isn't a problem. You just got to use your brain and plan your day

4. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    This is one reason why my 360"wb with 210" sleeper truck will never see Loves. Pilot, or other small. Besides she is valued at 546,000 dollars.

5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I did not know you could plan for stupidity of others.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  6. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It isnt that difficult. We all know that at any given moment some idiot can shut the road down for hours. If and when that happens its no big deal, i adjust that days trip plan and communicate a new eta auth my customer. Depending on where I'm at in the country this may mean paying a few bucks for a reserved spot so i won't be one of the idiots parking illegally. Again, no big deal, it's just another expected cost accounted for in my business plan, no different than an increase in fuel cost due to high winds.

7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I would not pay for a parking spot in any truck stop. People who do, are the enablers who make the travel plazas (ie;truck stops) the ability to fill their greedy pockets by coming up with more ideas to take money out of your pockets. I think it is ### in nign to pay for what was free for many decades. Seems the travel plazas are taking away more from the drivers, change in fuel reward points, shower vouchers, and so much more. Now they want you to pay for a parking spot, (if no driver shortage) why the need to pay for a parking space. There should be plenty of parking if data is correct to the shortage.

8. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Only expected cost for idiots that will pay for a space to park. You can plan all you wish, but the reality is that no one person can predict what is going to happen at any given time to change that plan (accident, construction, weather, and so forth). Trip planning in my opinion is a waste of time, and not worth the paper it is written on. Trucking is one big gamble, and there is no certainty to anything in our industry.

9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I choose to pay the handful of times a year when actions by stupid people blow my trip plan to hell, or when going into an area known for parking issues suck as the northeast or near a major city. It's that or not have a legal parking spot. I won't park illegally or in an unsafe location such as abandoned building lots or on ramps.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You can absolutely have a back up plan for weather/construction/accidents. Weather and construction is easy. That's info that is readily available at your finger tips.

11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    That mine also 11 months ago when I started.

I run around primarily 4 states up and around Chicago where things fill up fast.

I search out holes and stops that don’t fill up when I have free time unloaded.

Comes in handy knowing where you can get parking when your clock is running out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.