Crete and sleep apnea

Discussion in 'Crete' started by streetmaster, Feb 13, 2012.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Companies like Crete need to be held responsible for taking advantage of people who are seeking work.

Lovemytruckdriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lovemytruckdriver

Lovemytruckdriver Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2014
  4. Lovemytruckdriver

Jun 15, 2014
    Well we have our results, In the 6 hours of his sleep study he had 0 episodes. That was with out the MAD(mandibular advancement device.) He is now off that infernal machine. He had a good Dr. to start. This retest confirmed what we already knew. He never had apnea to the point of needing this machine.
    Things to keep in mind if you are new to this and are experiencing side effects to the point of misery. Don't ask DEMAND a retest. Do your home work there are ways to pass.

tucker and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    That's great news !

Screw Crete & Screw Sleep Pointe.

Rise Up Drivers ! Don't bend over and take it.

6. Lovemytruckdriver

Jun 15, 2014
    I have made this same post on other forums... Something to consider and share!
    I do believe there is a certain level of fraud going on in this industry most defiantly. Here's the thing with my truck driver, He goes against the grain the industry and regulators are pushing as indicators for sleep apnea. We are very sure he is not the only one.

-He is over weight
    -Neck size of 18 1/2
    -He snores
    -He is a truck driver
    His first test done at home, the second done in the lab. After the first test the Dr. was almost positive he would not tolerate the CPAP mostly because of his borderline apnea. The second test the Dr. was astounded at the results, 0 episodes in 6 hours.
    Sleep is a funny thing, some nights are great and some are not. We all know that! So many factors come into play here. Did you know that there are over 75 different sleep disorders!

Now the Dr. ( is against this blanket mandate) wants to use his experience as a test case. Not everyone can benefit from CPAP use. In fact in our case was becoming a real serious issue, this man was seriously sleep deprived being forced to comply with it's use.
    If you are using a CPAP and months later still just tolerating it (because it is mandatory) You MUST consider being retested. Compliance is not success. It could be doing you more harm than good.
    The Dr. we had was from -Sleep Analysis in Hershey, Pa. Dr. Gleeson-

7. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    If he's actually trying to form a case against this absurdity, I think I'll try being his guinea pig.

8. Lovemytruckdriver

Jun 15, 2014
    I'm not sure of what he is trying to do. All I know he is not one of those Dr.'s who just blindly "Goose Steps"

I know he listens and understands the multiple complexities regarding sleep. At this point you have nothing to loose. If you are seriously just getting by or tolerating being compliant with this machine ( I think I remember you saying you are many months into this) then by all means get retested. In my truck drivers case, with out the machine now he is sleeping soundly for the first time in weeks.

9. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Naw, it's only been 3 weeks, but I don't like being made to feel like a chump, and that's what this is... At best I feel the same as before, although I'm pretty sure it's actually making me more tired. Some days I ride the rumble strip like it's another lane. I've NEVER done that.

I need a real test done. If this Doc tells me I have something wrong, you make it seem like I could really believe him. I consider anything sleep pointe told me to be inadmissable. It seems safe to say that I don't need a CPAP machine tho. I'd pay these people double for the machine if they'd just let me toss it out onto the interstate and forget about it...

BTW, I have what is most likely crap Bluecross insurance. What's the damage like for a visit to this doc?

10. Lovemytruckdriver

Jun 15, 2014
    I really feel bad for you, If you are only 3 or so weeks into this than schedule another sleep test. You should have been scheduled for a follow up 1 month from you original start date of using the CPAP anyway. If not, then I would be worried about the sleep lab you are dealing with. I do not know about the cost I would imagine you BC would cover a follow up or retest. For my driver it did and his insurance is also BC.

All I know is my truck driver had confidence in him from the start. At this point it sounds as if you have nothing to loose. A lifetime (if you choose to continue to be a truck driver) of having this infernal machine be your bed partner every night, or finding our for sure if this is something you really need. The cliché comes to mind " If it ain't broke don't fix it"
    I still believe that "Compliance is not success"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.