Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well that's what a mega carrier gets for hiring idiots... maybe if they'd raise their standards they wouldn't have that kind of problem

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Say it ain't so :biggrin_25521:. Now I'll have to work harder to pass you guys, and those Magnum boys will be left behind...like Swift drivers.:biggrin_255:

4. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    This will raise standards. Experienced drivers who didn't want to be a rolling roadblock can consider Crete now. It'll also increase safety. Pretty much every truck that could do 62.5 feels the need to pass a Crete truck, often without considering the left lane traffic. And taking the left lane to let merging traffic in or because of emergency vehicles on the shoulder becomes safer. Cruise or not, this is a win.

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Now that I am in a 68 mph truck, I still hesitate to jump out and pass if I see anything comming (even way back)...even with vehicles I know won't be a problem to get around. My experience with Crete's 62 mph trucks has ruined me.

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well it's about time. Did Tonn retire or something??

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Another driver with a truck set up like this told me that was how he drove through there, he had to have the cruise on to get the extra mphs.

I like to cruise thru there running 57 to 58 in the middle or left lane and watching the super truckers try to get ahead of me.

8. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Couldn't agree with you more.

With all the emphasis placed on DriveCams and following distance I don't get why we have cruise control at all. I never use it and have never had a case of crippling leg pain (sarcasm noted).

Allowing a higher speed for cruise control just encourages it's use in cities which will result in more accidents. A logical inconsistency I expect the lawyers to make them aware of in the future.

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Back to OTR work today, I ran my one Walmart load...
    Denver traffic sucks all day long,

So now if we're cruising 65 and see onramp traffic and shut the cruise off we drop 3 mph.
    Or
    If we go to pass a 63 mph truck we'll have to get in the left lane way earlier so the onguard doesn't slow us down, and then when SSB passes us on the right and cuts over in front of us... it'll slow us down and make the pass take way longer.
    Oh well. At least I'm off the Walmart fleet,
    Those drivers should be making a buck a mile doing that

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I stopped for a shower and found these guys wanting a ride, bees again
    IMG_4211.PNG

11. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.