Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I thought it meant #### head,
    And this is a short load too.
    I'll log 14 off my 70 on it to keep my stalkers happy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Maybe it's where the sleepy trailers park and it's a quiet zone..shhhhhhh

tucker Thanks this.
  4. Knucklehead619

Knucklehead619 Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Flyover Country
    More likely it's our weekend office folks putting their mindset out there... #### happens

tucker Thanks this.
  5. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Turned in the truck today.

Gave my two weeks notice when I learned about the forced automatic usage and had a replacement job lined up.

Spent three hours cleaning it with a hand vacuum, meticulously picking up anything and everything only to have the shop guy in Wilmer tell me they are charging me $350 to clean it!

Not a smoker. Not an ounce of dust anywhere. No weird smells. Inside as clean as possible. No stray trash. All my stuff out.

The shop guy points at a binder of pictures of a brand new, detailed truck and tells me mine doesn't look like that. No #### Sherlock. I've been living in it for 2 & 1/2 years. Give me a pressure washer and I can get it to look like that too.

Marten Transport was like that. They'd #### over their drivers and the drivers would feel justified stealing back from management. They'd eventually get caught and new rules would be made that were more strict. Drivers would get less respect and freedom and would react accordingly, finding some other way to steal/payback. And on, and on, and on... It's a sick, downward cycle.

Apparently the new $350 fee is three weeks old and Winston's idea.

Jarhed1964 and tucker Thank this.
  6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  7. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Does your contract say you have to pay $350? That's THEIR truck, not yours. You didn't lease it, you drove for them. It's not your responsibility, unless the contract, or employee handbook, says so.

If it is in writing, that should've been an immediate deal breaker.

8. Knucklehead619

Mar 11, 2014
    Flyover Country
    I brought a recovered truck to Lincoln when I picked up my new truck last August. It was absolutely 110% FILTHY and almost completely trashed by the old driver. I spent a solid 4 hours just getting it clean enough to throw my stuff in it to get to Lincoln. When I swapped everything over to the new truck I watched the guy inspect and mark it all down... he told me the driver would be getting a $400 charge to cover the detailing on that piece of crap. If you detailed yours there's no reason you should be charged THAT much. Btw.., they charged me 100 bucks for my old truck that I detailed and left at the Freightliner shop. Go figure.

9. Knucklehead619

Mar 11, 2014
    Flyover Country
    Side note: the brand new truck I picked up last year (and still have) is a 10 speed. So were the other 6 new trucks parked outside the Lincoln shop when I picked it up. Nothing says you're guaranteed to get an automatic here... At least for a few more years

10. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I've dealt with companies before over things like this. You go through the state labor department. Lawyers could care less. You write an articulate, clear summary of what happened and the lazy, indifferent bureaucrat copies it, mailing it to the company. The company, thinking your summary was written by the state, sends a settlement check and requires a non-disclosure agreement be signed so that their ####ty behavior doesn't come to light. Happens every time.

Not sure I want to invest all that effort over the additional $200. Which is why the companies do it.

I'm cool with the $150 they've charged folks in the past. It needs to be cleaned. I get it. But $350 is just ####ing obscene.

Just a matter of time. I could hang on for a few more years nervously grinding it out, but why? It would only delay the inevitable. When someone tells you who they are in their actions you need to listen to them.

Found another job hauling non-touch, oil site hazmat making $12K more a year, driving half as much.

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I knew I wouldn't be back home for 21 days, yet I couldn't throw out the 3 blueberry bagels that were in the fridge.
    The birds or opossums could have ate them, but...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.