Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    The more posts I see in here since I left, the more confirmation I get that I got out at the right time.

48Packard Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    No lie. 350 bucks is larceny, just to name one thing. And I have to say I'm seeing an ever-increasing number of damaged Crete/Schafer units...mostly bent and/or missing cab extenders. But the quality of the driver pool is sinking.

Dna Mach, drvrtech77 and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  4. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    It might depend on where you turn your truck in. The most I've ever been charged is $10 for a missing disposable camera on a truck I'd recovered. Last summer I turned in my truck and went out on family leave for 2 months. Didn't have any issues with the truck. For that matter, I've never had a driver facing camera or been asked to take a sleep test. As far as the quality of drivers, as a steering wheel holder I'm not qualified to answer. If you have found a better place to work, good on you, I'd like to hear about it. If Crete has really screwed you over personally I'd like to know that too. But before it starts, could we save the trash talk for the CB?

5. Onadetour

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Pulled into the Boonville MO Pilot for a shower. Went inside and found the sign saying "showers are down". Came back out to find a little police drama with three police cars, a taxi cab and several people involved. I guess showers are overrated anyway.

tucker Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I was never charged for any truck cleaning, but I heard Julio or Jośe or Jùan or whatever that guy's name is, is notorious for that crap. When I dropped my next to last Maxxfarce off in Columbus for an EGR repair, they didn't even look at it, and when I left and dropped my last truck off in Deland, he glanced at it, made sure my triangles and fire extinguisher were there, asked if the accident kit and camera were there, signed off on it and wished me luck.

Onadetour and 48Packard Thank this.
  7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    When I left, I turned my unit in at Marietta. I worked it over pretty well, and benefitted by the fact that the woman who was charged to inspect it was sitting out there on her lunch break. When I was done, she came forward, thanked me for my effort, and wished me luck.

Onadetour Thanks this.
  8. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    Well I found out this morning my girl doesn't want to team she like her local job to much and makes decent money her last otr company didn't treat her the Best looks like I'm going solo and should be heading to Lincoln really soon not happy on going solo my time solo with the company wasn't the best did well but expected better

9. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Driver posted this on Facebook today.............Columbus is not doing any scheduled maintenance. Emergencies only. Sending everyone to Indy. Indy is hosting DDC so 24-36 hours just to get in the shop. Totally sucks. In the meantime I'm taking a break where I could easily get an oil change. The process sucks!............He said a lot of the mechanics quit and walked off

tucker Thanks this.
  10. Knucklehead619

Knucklehead619 Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Flyover Country
    Just ran my truck through for service at Marietta. 24 hours start to finish and that inclouded time to troubleshoot an intermittent check engine light (it was a faulty sensor) and turn the truck up to 65mph. Not a bad turnaround if you need to get in and out.

11. Onadetour

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Had to get reworked for weight issues at the pet food place in Leipsic OH. In 5 years, only had to go back for reworking 3 times. All 3 for the same pet food company but at 3 different locations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.