Crete Carrier Corp.

Discussion in 'Crete' started by GA_Rookie, Mar 19, 2013.

1. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    Hey ga_rookie, I plan to start a trucking school that is accepted by crete on september 3rd. After school I am pretty sure I will end up at crete. How are the trucks there for just starting out? Do you get a midroof truck? Also it seems like their trainers are pretty cool. Please keep us updated!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Crete has freightliner cascadias and international prostars. Some are highroof and others are midroof. They have adequate power and engine brakes. And they trade them after 4-5 years. All the big fleets are running similar type trucks. Cretes' trucks are pretty well equipped. And they have battery powered heat/ac systems for when you are parked.
    The problem with trucks today is the complicated emissions controls on the engines and exhaust system. No matter what company you work for, any newer truck will most likely develope problems occasionally.
    What truck you get assigned will most likely depend mostly on what's available when you are there . But they are all about the same.

4. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    Ah ok thanks lone ranger, I expect I will get most used truck they got to start out with lol

5. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    not necessarily. I spoke with a fresh out of training rookie with a brand new truck in Marietta. I wasn't mad about that but he was going on home time still coupled to an mt trlr someone could use.

6. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    o wow. I also wonder when you want your home time with crete do they make you take a trailer with you or if you can bobtail home

7. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    the guy I was talking about was parking his truck hooked to a trlr at the terminal and driving his car home.

I bobtail home because I live about 25 or so miles from the terminal so it's allowed. Otherwise you would take a trlr with you so you can be dispatched from home when you're done with home time

8. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    ah ok. What about dropping a trailer at a truckstop and put a king pin lock on the trailer and just bobtail home?

9. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Generally speaking, don't drop a loaded trailer at a truck stop or unsecured location , because it might get stolen.
    Dropping an empty trailer isn't a big deal as long as you have permission from truckstop so they don't have it towed.

10. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    ah ok cool. ya there is a place like 2 miles down the road, it is a perfect place to park a big rig. I did get permission to park there when I do start driving. Just once in a while I would like to only bring my truck home for hometime.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.