Crete driver cameras

Discussion in 'Crete' started by TN_Trucker75, Oct 2, 2015.

1. TN_Trucker75

TN_Trucker75 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Can any Crete drivers explain how the driver cam works and what all can trigger it. I read somewhere here that it will go back 15 minutes before an event. Does it include audio as well?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    Hard brakes, etc will trigger it or you can push a button to trigger it yourself.

Runs in a ~30 second loop, driver facing and includes audio. So it's 15 seconds before the event (not 15 minutes)

~300 out of 5000 trucks have them, troublesome drivers will get them or if you're chosen as a "control".

TN_Trucker75 and xlsdraw Thank this.
  4. future trucker man

future trucker man Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    cretes an awfull company , they prob did this to save 50$ on the ins

Triumph 1 Thanks this.
  5. roadreject

roadreject Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Hogwallow
    The Drive Cam is one of the biggest reasons I left Crete after 6 years. I was given a new truck that had one installed in it, and suffered through 2 years of harassment, and incompetence from the fine people at the safety department.

OK, you are thinking, 'he did something to deserve the drive cam/he is a bad driver with wrecks and tickets'.
    NO.
    No wrecks, tickets, and clean roadside inspections during this two years, and nothing of any consequence before getting the drive cam truck before that.

If you are a normal, safe, experienced, decent driver, and Crete sticks you in one of cam equipped trucks, I suggest you pack your bags and find a new job.

So? No wrecks or tickets during this time frame? How can the drive cam at Crete be a problem?

The settings on the drive cam are not realistic, and they are constantly modifying them remotely.
    The 'coaches' know next to nothing about trucking. Most have never driven a truck. They will not take into account the experience you have, or the fact you were actually at the scene of the 'event'.
    When you have to talk to the 'coaches', the procedure is mostly 'shut up, and comply'. Argue with them and they will increase the electronic harassment.
    REFUSE to let them use videos showing your face during the event and they will increase the harassment.
    If you get a drive cam equipped truck, and not for cause, please don't be as stupid as I was and put up with it for two years. It won't get better or go away.
    You may not have problems with safety, but if you do, find another job.
    I am such a bad driver the first company (Better small company) I called hired me after I quit Crete.

Don't be afraid to look around. Crete is only a good company to people with limited experience, and those who don't know any better.

From my personal experience, Crete is not worth putting up with this level of harassment.
    They will tell you 'all companies will have this soon', and that may be partially true. The problem is not solely the drive cam, it is CRETE.

Triumph 1 and tucker Thank this.
  6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    They say only 10% of their trucks have cameras. guess I will take my chances. Have pretty much made up my mind to go with them because what I have heard is mostly positive.I am all for the outward facing cams like most I think but not the inside facing especially if you are OTR

7. roadreject

roadreject Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Hogwallow
    They'll lie about the cameras.
    They know if they put them in more trucks now, they'll lose more drivers, and can't handle the volume of 'problems' the cams report. (Most of which are total BS)
    Crete likes this stuff. Maybe the cams are too expensive, so far? They told me they intend to have them in all the trucks, eventually.
    Anyway, I'm happy where I am now, and wish I did it 6 years ago.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Zantrix - here's the thread on driver cams

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.