Crete driver treatment?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by fuel463, Mar 24, 2020.

1. fuel463

fuel463 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2019
    How well does Crete communicate with its drivers. Are dispatchers and management easy to get along with ? Are they fair and honest? Also does Crete have a one incident and your out,or does it depend on the severity of the incident?

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Road*Runner

Road*Runner Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    lol. this virus stuff is making me crazy. When I saw the headline of the post I thought it was a Crete driver with Coronovirus. I need some more coffee...

Milr72, 650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
  5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The company does operate with comprehension. That is upper managements decisions.
    If you've had an incident. From what all I know. They will probably put a drive cam in your truck temporarily. Yes, there are those who get themselves fired with that drive cam.
    They hired me with 48 points. Put a drive cam in my truck. Took it out, exactly two months from hire date. I got only one alert in that two months. It was for doing over 70mph downhill. It was perfect conditions. I did goof and not get it down. I noticed the computer on the truck and alerts. It isn't super anal. I seriously don't think you'll ever end up in a meeting. Having to answer for going ten feet past speed limit, or stop signs. There are companies who will knit pick you to death. Crete is not one. But they do follow all the rules. They are conservative. It is obvious in many things that decisions are made by people who have driven.
    You will run into people at Lincoln who are completely anal. Not very competent. Wrapped up in their little box of thinking. But they ultimately don't make decisions. Those are made by someone higher up.
    As far as communicating with your terminal, or operations office. I can only speak for North Platte. Great people to work with.
    You might look at my thread in newbies on "2 years and got it made". I explain much after others attacking Crete.

Need4Speed, skellr and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. fuel463

Feb 17, 2019

7. fuel463

Feb 17, 2019
    Thanks. Looking at going to orientation in a couple weeks. Will be working out of Lebanon terminal

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
  9. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Where is Lebanon? What will you be doing?
    I do wallyworld dedicated. Great driving job.

10. fuel463

Feb 17, 2019
    Sorry meant Lenoir city. Doing OTR

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't know where Lenoir City is either? Doh!
    You realize. Us doing wallyworld dedicated. We walk all over OTR on money.
    I loved doing OTR. But wouldn't do it with these peoplenet's. Too screwed up. Tolerable with dedicated. Can work with it. I won't even try OTR with this device from hell. Also admit have other reasons I won't do OTR anymore.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.