Crete.... Going downhill

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hawkeyefrmorlando, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Blackadder47

Blackadder47 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Eugene, Or

What a useless post, no specifics, only the usual cliches that you could write about any big company.

Dryver and NYROADIE Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    At the risk of sounding like a "recruiter" I feel I need to respond.
    I think the whole statement you just made can be said of any of the larger companies. However, I also think that in most cases you get out of a situation what you put into it. Are there bad days, bad loads, just plain ugly situations? Of course there are, there are at any job.
    I have been with Crete for over 3 years now, and have never had a problem with my payroll( money has been in the bank every Thur am, no missed trips) or getting home when wanted. (granted, I live in the middle of the country, so it's pretty easy to get me home) I do feel there are times when communication between driver and dispatch could be better, but I do realize they are not there just for me.
    I was hospitalized for a week in Sept. while under a load in CA, and Crete Did a good job of taking care of everything for me while I was in the hospital. My terminal people called me every day just to see how I was doing.
    My miles are decent(2600mi./week avg), pay rate is better than most( i made around $55000 last year) my eqipment has been reliable, and I'm not sure if there is a better job out there or not, but I'm happy here. I'm sure there will be someone post almost the exact opposite of what I just posted, but I'm just telling you the way it has been for me.

4. maxwelltie

maxwelltie Medium Load Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Brookings, OR
    I don't drive for Crete, but have a good friend that does.
    He's a 25 yr + driver, been with Crete for two years now and is generally very positive.
    Do they have problems?
    Who doesn't?

I get tired of the winey butts all trying to find an excuse for their failure in this industry.
    It's not an easy job and there are times I'd like to smack my buddy for getting me into it, but it's relatively stable, I make good pay and generally happy.
    My buddy with Crete makes over $55,000.
    Any OTR job (as a company driver) where you make over 50 per year is nothing to sneeze at.

5. 1026

1026 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Northwest Georgia
    If a company isn't looking out for it bottom line on the balance sheet shouldn't you be looking elsewhere? I want a stable company that can weather the good days & bad economy.

• 1st and foremost you negotiate & accept your per mile or % of load before you even saddle up.
    • 2nd it is your own due diligence in researching the company for safety, equipment, etc, & all the perks and benefits that are offered & at what cost.
    • 3rd I'm not family & do not need to be "treated" as such. I am a professional looking out for my own family, and my own balance sheet. Nobody can & will do this better than I.
    Not implying this is you as we do not know each other, but from many posts like this one I would speculate that if one can not have an open and honest conversation with your spouse & family laying out what is expected in this industry & what you will accept with any company prior to leaving home....will not and has not had this conversation with the company you've now signed on with.

To many followers out there & not enough stand up leaders of oneself or of the family.....well posting that is.

bigdogpile Thanks this.
  6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

Heck which is more useless, the posit or you declaring it to be useless?

And you just made the avatar of a comic genius like Mr. Atkinson useless as well. :biggrin_25518:

7. shylow

shylow Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2009
    tarentum,pa
    I drove for Crete for 18months.right out of driving school.Here in Pa .my home trm was New Kingstown.was on the natoinal fleet.moved to a wal-mart acount.In Pottsville,Pa.IF your just out of school and want to make some realy good $$$$$ thats the place to be.And some of the best despatcher you will ever meet.(J/Tom)Well in Oct my wife filed for a divorce and i needed to be home.I got a job offer and i had to quit right then.no 2 wk notice.Well JR the Tm in New kingstown ,Pa .Just the other day called me to see if i was ok.Just to check up on me.This women is in charge of maybe 1000 or more drivers and did that.If i were to start driving again id love to be able to go back there.Crete.So if your looking for a good company then i say you cant go wrong with them.

Radical883 and Uncle Pete Thank this.
  8. kilgore67

kilgore67 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Wow!! Is all that I can say. Some of you haven't got a clue.

9. SierraSemiDriver

SierraSemiDriver Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2012
    what I don't like about Crete is they don't even allow the use of hands-free devices with your phone. I read this on their FB page, in their words. They do seem to advertise a lot though; with the 'billboards on their trailers and the big posters in truckstops. on the flip side, I have a friend with them and she seems to like them

10. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    And your post means what?

I've been a happy Cretin for 5 years now and I would really have to think long and hard to come up with a ligit complaint.
    Not everyone wears the same size or style of shoe so why do you think one trucking comany would be a "fit all"
    If you don't like the people or conditions move on till ya find a home in the mean time quit bashing a co. without posting a ligit bi#tch

OH YEAH as far as the pay goes it's better than most and about a year ago they had a problem with some of the payroll getting deposited, it went in one day late and I got a Q/C msg that Crete would cover any fees incurred as a result. :biggrin_25514:Lot more than most would do.

Uncle Pete Thanks this.
  11. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

Ever hear of don't ask don't tell?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.