crete,hunt,schneider..choose one

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Steel Dragon, May 2, 2016.

best pay and equiptment

1. Crete

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. JB Hunt

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Schneider

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    why is it always the same question with the same companies, arent there any other companies out there, just because mcdonalds sells the most hamburgers dont mean there any good , its called marketing.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Ive only got one year experience.
    The small local companies,need two years,to keep their insurance,costs in check.
    The larger companies are all self insured,and more forgiving.
    Took a month off at home,to get some personal business done,and looked for local work,and have exhausted my savings.
    Time to go back on the road.

Bluedew Thanks this.
  4. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Costs quite a bit to be at home,licencing vehicles,utilities,fuel etc.
    Bank account looks much better,moving down the road..

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Abilene Motor Express sometimes hires in your area. Mostly dry van with a little reefer, but 100% no-touch freight. Trucks sit up nice for the driver; think they have refrigerator & tv hookups.
    Mostly drop & hook.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Bluedew and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr. are so much better, especially with extra ketchup.
    And extra ketchup means more lycopene's, so its even healthier.

7. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    what are your priorities, nice equipment, hometime, long haul, short haul, east coast, west, dry van, reefer, health insurance...

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Because I'm getting too old to do flatbed. Although I wouldn't really mind trying. But no condo sleeper.
    And van is the easiest, well less hassle, lets say that.

Bluedew and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  9. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    No reefer please,the wait at shipper,receiver,is a pain.
    Home time would be nice,and most companies basically run pro stars and cascadias.
    Dont need insurance..when do I have time to sit in a doctors office..lol
    Prostars are usually specd pretty well.
    Any choice at all on trucks?

Thanks.

10. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    heres what ive learned and think is the best advice, what makes a good company or bad is their customers, u could have a great bunch of people to work for, heck they could be your family but if the customers where you spend most of your time make you misreable it doesnt matter, most people dont like going to walmart dcs, but its probably not so bad if your a walmart driver. i say a company is only as good as the places you are picking up and delivering, doesnt matter how good the people are that you work for, unless they pay you real good to put up with those customers. you will hear that its all the same, ya you will go to some of the same places but its not the same. ive learned most reefer customers are not only miserable places but they make everyone there miserable, unless your an owner op getting a better rate to go there, so unless your getting paid real good to deal with them,working for a good company doesnt matter, the customers you deal with matter, and where they are located and where you want to run are what matter to me. i work for what i believe to be a good company, but their customers are the rift raft of the industry, i wont name names because im trying to give it time before i judge but im pretty sure its not gonna last for me. do i work for a good company, sure i guess but thats not what really matters. imo

11. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Dont mind going to walmart..except on the reefer side.
    Hopefully wont catch any dollar accounts..,always see drivers jacked crazy at dollar stores..rather haul beer and paper!
    Any idea who the main accounts are besides wally world?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.