Crete purchase program

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Steel Dragon, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Anyone purchase a truck from Crete?
    I've pretty much talked myself out of buying a truck,but would like some input all the same.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    You ever get any input

4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Never.. probably why I'm a crabby trucker...:confused:

5. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Lol so did you go for it

6. Gordob

Gordob Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I'm finally going to do it myself. Been with them as a company driver for 11 years and have thought about it several times but always talk myself out of it. I went to a meeting in Lincoln a few days ago to find out more about it. From all I can gather, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't intend on taking the truck elsewhere once it's paid for, which I'll do within 6 months. You're not gaining much (if anything) by keeping the truck here, though I've met several that have stayed even after the trucks paid for and are happy. When I do all the math based on my average pay & miles I really don't see much to gain vs company at .53 a mile.

7. 386lover

386lover Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Can you tell us what are the asking prices and what models are available (Freightliner, Peterbilt) Thank you.

8. Gordob

Gordob Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Right now the ones available are 2015 Freightliner Cascadias with around 400,000 miles for $57,000. Full warranty until 500,000 then extended drive train warranty for 2 years or 200,000 miles. We do also have Pro-Stars with Cummins engines but as far as I know those aren't available, at least they aren't mentioned in any of the info I've seen.

buckmanmike and 386lover Thank this.
  9. catdog45

catdog45 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2018
    im interested also in Crete's Truck purchase program. Consider me ignorant for questioning purposes, ok?

- Are you considered an o/o with this program?
    - Do you only get crete contracted loads?
    - do you get the same benefits as a company driver?
    - If something breaks is it covered under crete's contracts with the garages or is it out of your own pocket?

ty
    and more as it goes along...:)

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You pay. Fuel, maintenance, breakdowns, Medical Dental etc insurance, 2X Social Security etc etc etc.... You pay, you pay, and then you pay some more.

catdog45, poppapump1332 and Coffey Thank this.
  11. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    How many people own their trucks? If you plan to lease purchase, do not do it if you have a lot of personal debt, child support or owe IRS. Why? Because you are going into business with no money. Payments and maintenance are number one. l did two lease purchases (one at a time), paid off both on time and got clear title in my name only both times. The company had a plan which l followed and it helped me succeed. I know nothing about Crete as far as their business practices. l also didn't operate with elog. Good luck.

catdog45 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.