CRETE Questions

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Varmit, Jun 16, 2007.

1. moonshadow

moonshadow Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Denver
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tut

tut Light Load Member

A slice of "home" as I JUST graduated from MCC this past Monday, 11/1/10! I start with Crete next week.

4. tut

tut Light Load Member

...Just re-watched the little video provided by MCC in thier page, the link provided on a posting here just previously.

Two "errors", if you will, stood out:

1) "We provide three to one students to driver trainer in truck" (approx quote, but numbers accurate). Wrong, the entire time it was FOUR to one. Could have had much more drive time IF Rick's dissertation in the film was correct.
    2) They did NOT teach us specifics in regard to picking up and delivering freight. True, we practiced backing into a dock or three, but never discussed in detail the nuts and bolts of dealing with shippers/recievers.

I "officially" ended up with 22 hrs backing practice and 34 hrs in other than 'reverse'... Would have had LESS but one of the four students in my truck was a returning student who needed a refresher course and did not drive but maybe an hour or two total, his choice. If he'd have taken his turns instead of sitting there with his ipod stuck in his ears, we'd have gotten a corresponding fewer number of drive hours.

It was a good school, no worries there and kudo's to Rick Sandvig and his work there at MCC, but the video makes you feel like you'll get more than you actually will.

Then, there's the driver trainers. All over the map in terms of the quality of instruction. ...That's another topic for another day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.