Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    One more thing. I never said they are perfect or even a B-
    I just said it works for me.
    IF you have something better do tell.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    I’ll be here :)

I think pumping sunshine up someone’s ### is completely disrespectful. You either can get someone home, or you can’t. They couldn’t, even after 8 weeks out. And I certainly got things done. Can’t knock the money.

But only 2 kinds of people never spend money. Dead people, and those who never go home. I like spending it. Otherwise, what’s the point?

I’m just sayin

Richard Scribner and jethro712 Thank this.
  4. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Agreed! Hometime is tough but I don’t go home. Single, no kids and never married so what’s the point. Weirdly enough, I like the road. I did the local thing for years with Fedex and Estes. Nearly made ends meet and If I was lucky I would save maybe 500.00 a month. Here, I save 1000.00 a week. I know, how much is enough? I guess I would say when I have enough to buy a house in cash. In Connecticut houses are 300/600K but I don’t know if I ever want to go back.
    Gf dumped me recently (lol) because I called her 20 yr old son a pussssy. He wouldn’t walk 50 yards in the snow storm with his sneakers on. He called his mom to have her bring him his boots. So she went out in the snow storm to bring him his boots.
    I couldn’t believe it. My mother would of told me to rot in the car.
    I guess I could of used better vocabulary but a pussssy is a pussssy in my world.
    So if I’m up in Seattle, maybe lunch or a cold beer.

5. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    I was thinking of buying a new Pete but is it really worth another 700-1000 a week including the stress level? I don’t think it’s worth it. Rates are coming down too. Another idea was buying a log cabin in the woods or in the mountains. I don’t really have an end goal. Wish I did. I know, that’s weird too. Swinging doors is what I do best so I’ll keep doing it for now.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Rates are down just a bit but still much higher than a year ago...frankly, running as an owner op for a $1mi is idiotic to say the least....

7. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Agreed

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    So are you given the option of reefer loads too now at Crete or just dry van?

9. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    In 10 years I pulled 2 reefer loads. Both times was in a bad freight area, so took it to keep rolling. Last time was probably 5-6 years ago though

Bumper Thanks this.
  10. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Do you think they are a better reefer outfit than Freymiller?

11. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    I just do dry van. Crete is dry. Shaffer is reefer. I’m Crete.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.