Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Powell-Peralta, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jon1481

jon1481 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2007
    crete is a good company, but they can improve.........who can"t???....Remember, there are always unhappy people everywhere. Very unhappy people are never to be blamed....right?...

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. steelerfan67

steelerfan67 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Lebanon, pa
    Every company can improve, but that is trucking. No company is perfect and everyone is going to have some kind of complaint no matter where they drive.

I know drivers that have been with JB Hunt over 20 years and they are still content to stay where there are. I have a friend that has been an O/O with National Carriers for several years and making good money. I know drivers that are happy with Swift.

If you read these forums enough you will know there are happy drivers at just about every company listed on here, and there are miserable ones along with them.

Turnover even with the economy in the toilet is still high, especially with drivers with under a years experience. They have been laid off or can not find work " I think I will try trucking" They pay for the school, get trained, get out there and hate it.
    This original poster had less then a years experience and after 8 mos complaining he can't get home, no miles, bad, truck, the majority of the time the whiners make most of there problems themselves.

Trucking is not a job!!! It is a lifestyle!!!

Jmurman Thanks this.
  4. satmantoo

satmantoo Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    somerset ky
    Who really cares and why do you.

5. muaddib

muaddib Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2009
    defiance, oh
    I recently (Mid april) finished school and got my CDL and have been working tree trimming since then driving a bucket truck. I just got my app approved for Crete and will start aug 24th. I would like any advice and/or info on what to expect.
    All I know now is I go take a drug test, physical and driving test. Then ship out with a trainer for 8 weeks (4 weeks then a break and then another 4) then I am on my own:biggrin_2555:.
    Off the top of my head.
    #1 how hard or what is the driving test like. (dont wanna leave and job and then fail that and have nothing).
    #2 packing what how much etc etc.
    #3 who/what is the best way to get online (already have a acer laptop).

Any advice(besides don't do it, got that happening in my own head) is
    welcome.

6. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    i just wanted to know (i and basically know at this point) how fast crete/shaffer trucks go.

Is this a crime? Has the world come to an end?

i know what works for me; When i shop around for a company, i need to know certain things.

7. calbassman

calbassman Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2008
    tucson, arizona
    As a current CCC driver, I can assure the trucks do NOT do 65. They are governed at 62 if you have good tires. Mine was a dedicated Walmart truck in Ok and is set at 60 mph. Makes a huge difference when you need to deliver on time. Just have to take short breaks and keep your butt in the seat and drive. Other than slow trucks and never getting home time ( have been home three times since December), they are a decent outfit.

8. LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger Banned for spamming

May 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For those of you who have a GPS, just look at your GPS to determine how fast your truck goes, since a GPS is far more accurate than any speedometer.

9. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    1) Agreed about gps. i'd like to get one soon.

2) Obviously, top speed does concern me when looking for a company. But right now, the main question from me concerning crete/shaffer is ARE THE MILES STILL THERE?

10. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Here's anything you have heard:

11. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I have been told to show 15 minutes for pre-trip and fueling, and 30 minutes for loading or unloading, whether it takes 30 minutes or 3 hours. I have never showed anything for weigh stations and i have never had a failed log audit in my year with Crete. I think there are some other issues going on here.
    Be safe everyone!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.