Crete's Eqiupment...?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Solidarity, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Solidarity

Solidarity Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Chesapeake Va
    Thanks for the reply, I left the last company about 1 month or so ago but i'm ready to roll now, being home for xmas is not really that important right now. But I hope I don't have to wait until the first of the year or so to start. I'm not that patient to sit around for another 1.5 months. As it is usually when you get to orientation it typically takes another two weeks to get the ball rolling. That coupled with possibly starting after the first, Might have to look at another company if I don't hear something in the next day or so, but i'm crossing my fingers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    There has to be some comparable company closer to you? Crete is not such a good job, that it's worth going to work for them if they don't have a terminal close to you. I' ve been in the business too long. I won't go to work for somebody who doesn't have a terminal where I can park the truck, get it serviced, and jump in my car and go home.

Civilservant Thanks this.
  4. Solidarity

Solidarity Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Chesapeake Va
    Yeah they have a terminal in Greensboro NC and I'm in SE Virginia.

5. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    They don't have a repair shop at the Greensboro, NC terminal.

6. trickshot

trickshot Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Ochlocknee, GA
    what they would if you are currently an experienced driver. is put you in truck and dispatch you on load to Lincoln for orientation.

7. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I was put in an International Prostar with over 400000 miles on it. When I finished orientation we were told there were only two trucks available at Lincoln and the rest of us would have to wait a day. My truck was in the shop five times in six weeks and it was going to go in again with recurring electrical problems. I guess it was luck of the draw because some of the other guys had no problems.

I was already told my miles were below what they should have been when I ended up with a 1500 mile week. Just decided to call and beg for my old job back and quit Crete before my credir rating took a hit.

8. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    I think Crete also does orientation at their Knoxville terminal. Crete buys new trucks, but the trucks are more complicated and less dependable than they used to be because of the pollution control equipment. So having well maintained new trucks doesn't guarantee they won't breakdown. Crete is better than many others, but not as good as they once were. They are worth considering. At least they pay better and pay on practical miles. Many companies pay hhg miles , so you only get paid for about 90 percent of the miles you drive. Practical miles will be very close to actual.

9. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    with cretes cascadias and prostars, are all of them double bunked. I plan to take my father out with me some time. It would be awkward if 2 people are in a single bunk truck.

10. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I believe you can make that known at orientation. I saw some newer ones with only one bunk. Mine had two but one mattress. After three months of safe driving you can fill out paperwork for riders, I believe.

11. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    o ok cool thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.