Criminal Background

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hernanfe, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Assault is not good. Using a weapon is even worse. Hopefully that gets expunged. Temperament is a big part of this job, due to the stress of driving, dealing with four wheelers, shipping, etc. Of course DUI isn't good either. You may have to wait a bit until the smoke clears.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I can tell you this though just to add to my last post. If you get your CDL you’ll find work. It just might not be your “dream job“ to start out. Lots of companies go case by case with people with past records. But let’s be real, a good percentage of truckers had a wild past at one point, that’s why a lot go into truck driving.

worst case scenario, you get your CDL, Maybe have to work for a smaller local company driving like a dump truck or cement mixer or something like that. You can still bang out $1000 bucks a week and a job like that. The bigger companies with huge HR, departments might shy away from you for a few years. But you’ll find something.

hernanfe Thanks this.
  4. hernanfe

hernanfe Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2020
    This is the first time I am trying to get in the field of truck driving. This is why I need help from you guys to direct me in the right direction with my criminal background as this is the only thing that holds me back. I just applied to several companies and Lord willing I will get an opportunity. Thank you so much for the feedback.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I would also take the written part and get everything you can. That would be one less hurdle.

hernanfe Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Ok, I looked in the mirror and said, "Hi."

Dumdriver, austinmike and Hazmat Cat Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Submit the online applications before any phone calls. Do those, then follow up with a phone call in a few days.

8. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Make sure you get your record expunged
    Bad thing is it still shows as an arrest but not a.conviction. Some places will look down on that. Good luck

9. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    This is actually a very sad fact in America when we have a justice system that’s basically become a factory and a machine that auto processes people. Employers, and the public look at an arrest essentially like a conviction anymore. A few states have passed laws that said employers can only hold convictions against you, not arrests but they are far and few between. Most people don’t realize what it’s like to be arrested for something when you’re innocent. Yet even the FBI will tell you about 15% of Americans that are arrested for various crimes are in fact in innocent.

austinmike Thanks this.
  10. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Well I was guilty of all the things I got arrested for lol

kemosabi49, Dockbumper and Hazmat Cat Thank this.
  11. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.