Criminal record hindering my progress

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Symmetrical, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Our night time dispatcher did 3 years on a 5 year bit. Got caught with like 148 pounds maryjane.

So you can dispatch the trucks anyway.

Ruthless, BigTennOTR and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dude, seriously?

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is another reason I had trouble with some, in my time dispatchers WERE truckers burnt on the law. When they were finished as truckers at whatever age, there was a desk waiting for them when they got out.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I cleared just over $1800 for the last two weeks today, after insurance & taxes. Home every night. Not setting the world on fire, my alotted share of grief as well, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

And that's around 65 hours a week.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's a good living. I hope you hang on to it.

7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    @Chinatown is our resident guru a on helping folks find good companies. Carolina Cargo isn't the cream of the crop. But based on your history you have to start somewhere. Make the most of your opportunity.

Do keep us updated regarding your progress getting a job. Just this morning I talked with the gentleman that cleans the showers at the TA in OKC. He has a criminal background. He just got an offer to go to orientation with a reefer company.

IMHO it should be time served and penalties paid all is good. Unfortunately in today's world your conviction will hang over you for the rest of your days. Make the absolute most of whatever you are able to get.

Work up from there.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    It may be a long while before any companies consider you for hire because you're release is recent and your crime factors in on there decision as well.

Symmetrical Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Thanks. Actually there is a company right around the corner, of course there's like 25 companies within a mile of our terminal, that is offering almost $1K more a month, weekends off, paid holidays, and I'm going to talk to them this afternoon, they called & emailed so I'm hopeful.

OP keep this in mind, "Seek & ye will find. Knock on the door & it will be opened."

Doesn’t cost anything to keep trying.

G13Tomcat, x1Heavy and Lepton1 Thank this.
  10. Symmetrical

Symmetrical Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Ok brother, yes he referenced that company so I'm definitely going to reach out. I'm glad to here your doing well. Keep up the good work and I shall keep everyone posted.

x1Heavy and Lepton1 Thank this.
  11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I noticed that @TROOPER to TRUCKER thanked my previous post. OP keep that in mind. Walk forward.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.