Criminal Speeding Personal Vehicle

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ThatTallGuy, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    For once an item where most agreed.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    I don't trust myself half of the time, and I don't trust other people ever. Some of these yahoos that ride right alongside the zipper, though, need to be run over. No, that's not sarcasm. There's nothing quite like running OW, being 3-4" off the zipper with your right side on the rumbles and some ####### just HAS to try and prove a point. "Look twice for motorcycles, they're about to do something st00pid".
    Side note: I have an Indian and I'll only run the 2 lane roads. Between texters and others that don't pay attention, I feel safer.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Here in Ca bikes have a right to split lanes, I have seen CHP pull over cars that intentionally block bikes from splitting. Safer than sitting in traffic, if done properly. I do split all the time on my bikes, you do have to exercise a good deal of caution, And I still have the occasional rie burner that wants by because they think your moving to slow, I just drop into traffic and let them go.
    Once the auto traffic gets used to it it is absolutely safer, the only ones out here opposed are not rider's, but cagers.

5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    My CDL includes class ABCD.
    If your violation is a class D or class A.
    All are recorded on the single license you hold.

6. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Yea, but some states ##### the points different on a commercial license, and your employer wont care, to them speeding is speeding, even if you were on your bicycle.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Agreed "speeding is speeding",
    20 over the posted speed limit should result in a loss of driving privilege.

8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    To the OP...
    Speeding In Arizona May Cost You A Fortune

On behalf of The Law Office of Karl A. Mueller, PLCposted in blog on Friday, July 13, 2018.

Some states are tougher on speeding and reckless drivers than others, and Arizona laws do not take speeding lightly. According to Wallethub, Arizona is one of the worst states to receive a speeding ticket due to hefty fines and strict penalties.

Arizona was ranked third, behind Delaware and Colorado, for most stringent policies against speeding and reckless driving. Arizona drivers may receive a speeding ticket if they drive one to 19 mph over the posted speed limit. If a driver exceeds 20 mph over the speed limit or more than 85 mph, they can be charged with excessive or criminal speeding.

Speeding may hurt your wallet

Fines for a speeding ticket add up quickly in Arizona; a penalty for ten mph over the speed limit starts at $250 and raises by $50 for every five mph over 10. A ticket for 20 mph over the speed limit increases as much as $200, and the driver may have their license suspended or revoked at the traffic stop.

The amount for the speeding ticket changes if a traffic camera catches the driver. Tickets are set to a rate of $165, up to $30 in surcharges and fees. These tickets are often sent through the mail and debated in court.

There are also other factors that may influence a ticket price such as cooperation with the officer during the traffic stop and any impairments to the vehicle. An officer may not even pull over a driver for speeding unless there is an equipment issue or signs of impairment.

As previously stated, drivers also run the risk of license suspension or revocation if they are excessively speeding, which includes speeds of 20 mph over the limit. It may lead to jail time and impound of your vehicle if a driver is convicted of criminal speeding.

This fine doesn't seem too expensive.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Yes I have missed a sign or two. I don't think it has ever put me 20 over. I run the speed limit in my truck and car.

I don't mind if you want to speed, please don't speed in a school or construction zone. Also be prepared to pay the consequences.

You face your accuser with a camera ticket the same as an officer with radar.
    Go to court.

10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    You mean those "construction zones" where it says 45mph but all the cones are moved over to the side of the road and no work is being done anywhere for miles and miles yet still 1/3 of the morons drive 40 or under because their balls were removed?

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Help a guy out here; you get points on your licence for speed/red light cameras? We have them here too, but they are only from the rear and therefore impossible to determine who was driving/riding. So, it's a cash-grab against the registered owner, but no points.

I did get one in Germany from the front and you could see my face, clear as day, but I just told the rental company that wasn't me... they looked at me like I had lost my mind. :p

MACK E-6 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.