crosby trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by froggie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. froggie

froggie Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2011
    chicago, il.
    crosby trucking is becoming a low mile 6 day a week company with unloading of tj maxx and marshall stores by hand for very low unloading pay and routing a driver around toll roads to save them money but not pay the drivers for the extra miles. the threats of docking pay and general intimidation is getting out of hand. this is a company that acts as if drivers are a dima a dozen and could care less about you as a driver. this company deserves only being able to get new drivers with no experience as they are getting more desperate for drivers they are forced going too.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    If you are there, sounds like it is time to scoot!

4. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    You need to realize who you are working for. Oh, I know all the Crosby family and Hunter is the only one that I would trust in an "out house with a muzzle on".

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. 10plus8

10plus8 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    So...is Crosby an OK company for a newbi driver???

They came to our CDL school and honestly, I had a very favorable opinion of them and strongly considering asking them for a starting position.

The option is to go to a larger company like Schneider or USA Trucking, as far as I can tell.

Any advice welcome

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    scneider would be your best bet,out of the ones you posted.

muledriver and 10plus8 Thank this.
  7. mills546

mills546 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    woodstock,va
    i used to work for crosby... yes they will get what they can from u... if u have a good truck and want to run,,, u can make money as o/o.... as company,,,, no way.. they dont care,, i baught a truck from them and left a company i worked for 8 years.. john berry told us we had year warrenty on motor, 4 months later head went and oil cooler.. he backed out and told us 30 days.. so he got the truck back, and i went somewhere else. plus they do run u out of hours and have a bad dot rating..

Jarhed1964 and 10plus8 Thank this.
  8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    run from crosby!!!!!!!! worse company from management wise ive ever driven for.... if they had the miles to keep you rolling then it would be a pretty decent gig but outside of that they are horrible!!! with other options in the Valley like Houff and First Fleet i dont see why guys even bother.... but sad thing about it the guys out of the Indiana Terminal gets freight out the ###... when i was there i would never hear an Indiana Driver complain...

9. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Truth. 100% of it. They have absolutely ZERO respect for HOS rules, and will run you into the ground, then get pissed off if you decide to not answer your phone because you want to sleep a little. The store runs are crap, and will beat the hell out of you quickly, usually followed by a dispatch to pickup somewhere and run to a drop that guarantees you'll be up 24+ hours.

The equipment is junk, falling apart, and god forbid you ask the morons in the Mt Sidney garage to fix something.

10. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    No. Trust me on this.... don't do it.

10plus8 Thanks this.
  11. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

That is absolutely the case. I left there in June of 2010. Parked the truck in the Charlotte yard, cleaned it up. It sparkled inside. MUCH cleaner than how I got it. They called me twice over the next six months trying to get me to come back. Another driver told me in July of 2010 that they started doing Marshalls store runs in downtown Chicago with NO directions to the stores?

They will not flat out ask you to massage your logs, but my third day on the job when I told Josh I was out of hours, his response was "cant you fix it?"

Talked to a driver in one of the Petes' that is still running a few months ago in Charlotte at the Peelot. He was absolutely PISSED. Said that the loads are going to the O/O's and the company drivers have been sitting.

I heard that they lost a big chunk of the Marshalls/TJ Maxx contract, is that true?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.