crosby trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by froggie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Houff probably is one of the best driving job in the Valley, when you consider the pay, equipment and home time. Several years ago, I worked part-time for Houff and I have always regretted leaving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    Epes transport out of Greensboro is good. I drove for them yrs ago, didn't like the Northeast,esp, NJ .They hire newbies too.

4. RocketIshmael

RocketIshmael Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Waynesboro, Virginia
    Thanks For all the recomendations.

5. jlb1244

jlb1244 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT work for Crosby....when you first start they seem like a pretty good company...after you been there a little while...you are just someone who is easily replaced..there insurance package for a family is $184.00 AWEEK!!! you pay the month BEFORE you can use it and it doesn't cover squat...99.9% of the dispatchers are full of it and will lie to you in a minute. if you are a virginia driver then you will get good miles and home EVERY weekend. If you are an north carolina, massachussets, indiana, or ohio driver..good luck getting miles OR home. The have just purchased some new Frieghtliners that are going to virginia drivers so if you live in virginia, you will do ok with crosby...if you live somewhere else..DON"T BOTHER!!!!

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  6. slowmotion74

slowmotion74 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2008
    swansboro,NC
    I worked outa charlotte in sept-dec. 2010.. i picked up news ads to atlanta then rolled to evansville.Did store drops then picked up another load back to va dropped at marshalls.Then sysco load paid more to pa ..Pick up weekend load back to va terminal drop.Pick up load of pallets back to charlotte..I was making $8-$1000 some other loads but that was what i ran every week..Josh keept me rollin,nc always scramblin for loads to get you or you be sittin for a day or 2..As long as you could get north you would be alright if not you was screwed..Once they saw i wanted to run i started getten the o/o loads with the refer long runs..The volvo i had was beat on the inside and small no room for anything,outside was decent.Shop guys where lazy,told them many times just give it to me ill fix it instead of waiting for them to do some thing.What killed me was every time you passed va terminal had to stop fuel,trailer check..I got to point if i had short on time or seen bunch trucks there i would keep rollin..Sounds like they have gone down hill..

7. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

Wow! I had heard about them getting new Cascadias, I figured they'd pull some crap like that. I got home pretty much every weekend when I was there, but that was over two years ago when I left. The dispatchers in Mt Sidney are liars, lazy, and full of ****. I started to make my own #### rules right before I left. Never heard a peep out of em. Then again, I ran like a scalded dog (read: ILLEGAL - never again!!!), never turned down a load, and pretty much always had my choice of loads going out of Charlotte on Sundays. I usually ran up to Sysco Boston from there when it was available to start the week with good miles, but most runs out of Charlotte were right up to Winchester, VA.

You aren't the first Crosby driver I've heard angry. Talked to one at a truck stop who was LIVID.

8. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    You ran those ATL adds up to Evansville? Wow, thats a nice run. I only brought those adds up to Charlotte to drop on a Friday. When I was there (left June 2010), Charlotte ran me like a scalded dog. I would love to drop south of the VA border cause I knew then I would get a choice of loads almost immediately. Course, I did a lot of illegal favors from them... like coming down from Evansville with the corn flour overnight, dropping in Charlotte, then shagging trailers back and forth to Columbia all day. Not safe, not legal, but I was greedy (and tired). I finally left because of the VA dispatchers, and the fact that the morons in the shop would not fix my PS leak.

Yep! Like when they told me to run from Charlotte to Mt Sidney (even when the fuel pumps were broken) to get to southern NJ. I just ran up 85 to 95 anyway. Never heard a peep.

9. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    I'm just going to say it's a blessing who i work for now compared to them suckers.... I'm surprised they still in business, Jeff Crosby ain't $H!T

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. Jarhed1964

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Agreed. Not quite sure how he is still in business. They have plenty of customers (and flushing a few down the toilet here and there), but I'm amazed DOT hasn't caught up to them yet.

11. curbhopper

curbhopper Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    nc
    Anyone work for these guys lately? Any advice would be great.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.