crosby trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by froggie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Ain't got that hungry--:biggrin_25513:

Jarhed1964 and curbhopper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Is that the same josh who dispatches out of van wyk's Virginia terminal?

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  4. crazyone

crazyone Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Crosby is the absolute bottom of the barrel trucking company. they will run you into the ground and spit on you when they use you up and they will use you up. I know drivers that are running 3 or more logs books. No respect for a driver at all. Tell them you don't have hours and watch their attitude. they don't care!! Anyone looking for a company to go to stay as far away from Crosby as you can get. Don't believe the lies they tell you when you call them. They claim home every weekend, not true, you might get to see your house as you pass by it on the weekend. VA and OH will lie to you. If their lips are moving they are lying! The dispatcher in Charlotte is a joke, he could not dispatch his way out if a toilet. Terminal manager is good there, knows her stuff but VA treats her like crap, doubt she will stay long.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Wait until the dot starts requiring e logs on everyone.... Crosby will be in deep youknowwhat then...

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  6. angeltrucker

angeltrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Waynesboro, VA
    So I've noticed that when I get dispatched and get my route from the dispatcher, that my paychecks reflects a different sometimes much shorter route than the one I was given and expected to follow. I know about their low DOT rating, and about dispatchers expecting drivers to run out of hours and then "fix it". Anything else I need to know about Crosby Trucking?

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Just wait until you have to run one of those overnight loads with no hours left.....

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  8. angeltrucker

angeltrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Waynesboro, VA
    I haven't been with them long, but I've noticed a lot of things. I've noticed the dispatchers are crappy with directions and they tend to lie. I have only dealt with one terminal manager and he's a prick. I have been cheated out of pay. I came to them from another large carrier who has like the #1 worst rating but that is where I got my start and got my training. I've been "forced" to drive before with no hours left including an over night run or 2. I've noticed the truck I have has no power at all and is in horrible condition compared to what I came from, but I keep getting told there are no available trucks yet Mt Sidney has a bunch of Freightliner Cascadias they are "getting ready for the road".

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. JustNva

JustNva Light Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Virginia
    Any current updates about this place?

10. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    It is my understanding that they now are using E-Logs, other than that, probably everything else is the same. The leopard never changes his spots.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  11. Bubba15

Bubba15 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Connecticut
    One of the drivers came to my school today. He was a past student and he told us that they have all brand new 2015 freightliners with apus that we would get if we went with them. Home almost every weekend. Said they guarantee a minimum of 500 miles a day and its $0.43 cpm starting out. It's sounding pretty good but idk.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.