Crst contract

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by New2driving, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Goldsux2015

Goldsux2015 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    dont tell your next employer you were under contract. In a few months you will get a letter in the mail asking for $4,000. Let that go to a collection agency.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. New2driving

New2driving Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Is it just four grand that's not bad I'd probably pay it off at tax time would it be off my dac if I did and I'm guessing you've done this

Goldsux2015 Thanks this.
  4. Hype6477

Hype6477 Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Socal
    You are never stuck. I would wait till your cdl comes in the mail if you went thru a trucking school with them and then leave though. They will bill you for the amount owed and that's that. You also couldn't use them for a reference.

5. New2driving

New2driving Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    But they told me I'm unhireable because I'm in a contract

6. Goldsux2015

Goldsux2015 Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    If you finish your contract, it's a tax write-off. If it goes to collections agencies it's a tax write-off. Only difference is credit score.

7. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Wait, have you started driving yet? Why would you have to quit a job to support your family?

Did you plan on working there in the first place when you signed the contract; and of so - what changed?

8. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    The recruiter "promised" him $50k a year. That's almost a $1000 week....imagine that...

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  9. michaelbunt

michaelbunt Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Ragland, Al
    Crst is notorious for this kinda stuff, got a friend lease purchasing a truck from Malone fleet, they've tried a lot of crap to get him in a different truck which means new contract and he is almost paid off, there pirates

truckerdan1994 Thanks this.
  10. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    One more month and you can work for Werner!

http://fleetowner.com/management/news/crst-werner-settle-lawsuit

But to answer your question, yes you are under contract, and working for another company is breaching that contract, and CRST could go after any company that hires you for damages. You just have to find a company who doesn't care.

11. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    YOU NEVER STUCK AND YOU ARE NEVER UNDER CONTRACT!!!!!
    You are a human and things dont work out some times.
    You are also a employee and thus you have rights with the Bureau of Labor and Industry in your state and the attorney generals office is there to help you with these kinda of predatory employment practices.

You can tell them to blow you.
    BY LAW ALL THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS WITH PEOPLE ABOUT YOU DATES OF EMPLOYMENT, ACCIDENTS DATES AND CITATIONS ISSUED BY LAW AND IF YOU FAILED OR PASSED YOUR DRUG TESTS.

They say anything else about you and they can be in big trouble with the state government.

YOU take care of you and go if you need to go.
    Your cdl will be issued by the state you live in not by that company.
    You have rights. You need to do some research and educate yourself regarding them and protect yourself for future problems..

Good luck and don't forget, you are never trapped! .

Shaggy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.