Crst contract

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by New2driving, Jul 12, 2015.

1. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    Has anything they told you been true so why believe that lie as well. You can leave when you want they are going to bill you for the school but here is the kicker if your new at trucking your going to go from one piece of #### company to another and make.the same nothing until you get 2 years experience under your belt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    not exactly accurate.
    I didn't do two years otr and have met a lot of drivers who worked in the oil fields with out any otr and make 100k a year.
    just look at the russians, mexicans, indians etc (all the immigrants in trucking) do you see them doing 2 years otr at these mega carriers? nope. there are ways around the two year rule. thats a rule the mega carriers try to brain wash people about.
    you can make just fine money and work for a great company even with out two years.

4. jerezxp7

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    Very true I worked in the oilfields myself for 2.years and if this guy can't afford to take care of his family how is he.going to take 3 weeks off for training with very little pay and 500 worth of FR clothing just to start and if your paying attention oilfields are not hiring just the opposite no I would not plan on oilfield work for a while

5. jerezxp7

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon

6. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    I wasnt saying to go to the oil fields.
    jut saying there are other options.

7. jerezxp7

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    Agree there are some I went thru England to get my training and almost starved to death I could not believe what they were doing was legal but my step father 30 year o/o told me to stay put and not crash 2years later I found a better company and made a little better money 5 years in now and I work for a good company and I make good money trucking is the only industry I know of where people think they can get a license in 3 weeks and start making 60k it's not going to happen put your time in be good at what you do and it will pay in the future.

8. georgeandson

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    yes you do need experience and common sense...but you dont need to eat a kaka sandwich from a mega carrier to get that experience.

9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    You are not trapped!If your breathing,have a cdl and can pass i drug test you can find a job.Stop with these megas and work for a small company and yes they are out even with very little experience just gotta do your research.

10. New2driving

New2driving Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    OK I've called many places and no one will hire since I'm in contract and they can get sued

11. Angies427rs

Angies427rs Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Yakima, WA
    CRST cannot sue an employer for hiring you. They might try, but it is YOU with the "contract" with them, not your new employer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.