CRST Van Expedited, Inc. - Cedar Rapids, Ia.?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Dan, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Big Jason

Big Jason Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I've delivered into the Bronx, and picked up loads in Brooklyn. The fear of NYC is silly. The first time you go, your running on all these horror stories about the bronx...trust me, the stories are about 99% fiction. Its like any other major city, full of people and traffic. Sure, if you wonder off away from your truck, and BROADCAST that your not from that area, you will get jacked. I've heard all the tales of roving gangs that will steal your load, slice your throat and dump your body in the east river. When I got there, nothing but hookers, traffic and lots of cops. I never had a problem.

About the only scary thing in the Bronx are the hookers....ever see that HBO special?? Talk about staying off drugs, and visiting a dentist once in awhile....that show scared my daughter straight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004

yeah, ain't that funny...... the hookers on tv always look like beautiful, shapely, well groomed, models with a full set of beautiful teeth.

the hookers at the Bronx area, always look like a "model" for AIDS, cosmetic dentistry, drug addicted, drunken, and butt ugly, or as i like to say "FUGLY".........

i wish tv and the movies would portray hookers in the "real light", instead of through a rose colored tv/movie screen.........

"Pretty Woman" my ###.........

"FUGLY WOMAN".............for sure......

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Retiree

Feb 8, 2004
    why did my post/reply come up with "bigger" letters. i didn't do anything to cause it......??

5. sweetkyle

sweetkyle Bobtail Member

May 30, 2006
    Indy
    Hey guys,

I have tried searching and couldn't come up with anything that I was really looking for. Of course I am a newby and I am wanting to get into trucking. I tried Schneider and they said my history was too bad. I applied at CRST and they did call me back. We went over some stuff, the recruiter (which i know will tell you anything to get you in the door). The thing I did like is that the commitment with them is only 8 mos. if it was THAT bad, I would only have to hack it for 8 mos. I really think though any job is going to be what you make of it. but that's just my .02, I wanted to know if anyone had any insight on this CRST or any info on ppl that have worked for them. We talked about hometime and it is team driving, which i'm not against. I told him I would get back with him before I pull the trigger b/c i still have a LOT of research to do. I want my first company to be a good one. This is good for me b/c I do not have to come up with the money for the training up front and then they pay me back. So, let me know guys what you think. Thanks in advance for the replies.

6. tjgosurf

tjgosurf <strong>New Driver Helper</strong>

Feb 20, 2006
    I applied to CRST and they turned me down. But Schneider took me. Kinda odd isnt it.

7. sweetkyle

sweetkyle Bobtail Member

May 30, 2006
    Indy

man, that's weird!!!

8. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Kyle, what is it about your record Schneider doesn't like? Is it your work history? That's easily fixed. Just go to work for a year or so with the same employer. If you have a ticket or two, you can also take time away to clear that up.

Time heals all wounds. Even the wounds to your driving record and work history.

I guess you see now that these companies mean business when they say they'll hire only those with acceptable histories. With driving records, their insurance companies call the shots. With work records, they themselves call the shots. Yeah, these companies, at least the GOOD companies, are anal when it comes to drivers' work and driving histories. That's understandable. A driver with a good driving record will be cheaper to insure, while a driver who sticks with jobs won't leave a load sitting somewhere after quitting because the sky got cloudy one day. When a driver leaves a load sitting, the company may very well lose the customer. If it's a load of frozen food, the load may be lost as well. The insurers of THAT will then be pissed off and may even jack up that company's load insurance rates.

Companies have learned, man. You are paying for the sins of your predecessors. But sooner or later, you'll be glad companies do this. Take it from me, you wouldn't want to work for a company that'll hire those with unacceptable histories, and you yourself will soon see that's true. You probably already know this is true after reading the posts at this site.

If you have to wait a few years before jumping in, don't worry about it. It'll be worth the wait if you get on with a good outfit. And sounds like to me you'll make sure you do. You'll be fine if you keep the same job for the next year and don't get another ticket.

9. sweetkyle

sweetkyle Bobtail Member

May 30, 2006
    Indy
    thanks tip, that's some very good info!

What schneider didn't like was the fact that I had an accident(almost exactly a year ago) and I had a ticket in 2004. The gal I talked to said they like to see a clear record for 5 years. So, like you said I don't want to get with an outfit that will hire anyone with any history no matter how bad it is. I did notice with CRST that they do like to see a pretty acceptable driving record for the last 3 years and a solid work history, which I do have on my side.

I just hadn't heard too much about CRST I just don't want to be working for a JBH, Swift type place, but I don't get that impression from them.

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    If you don't want to wait five years on a Schneider nod, you should either go see CCC in person (they have a terminal in Indianapolis) or look around for a small company to work for that pays pretty well. Don't shy away from the little guys. Go check 'em out, check the papers (make sure they DON'T advertise), and ask their drivers how they are. I've worked for some small outfits, and most were fine. Some were a little "too good", as they went out of business. I bet Indy has lots of small companies that will take you on.

Good luck.

11. sweetkyle

sweetkyle Bobtail Member

May 30, 2006
    Indy
    Yeah I may end up just doing that! but what about CRST? should I check into these others that we talked about or is CRST an OK outfit? Thanks tip

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.