CRST Van Expedited, Inc. - Cedar Rapids, Ia.?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Dan, Sep 17, 2005.

1. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    they treated the CRST guys better then the England guys (we went to the same school) that should be a BIG RED FLAG!!
    isn't that the school that was shut down awhile??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Little did I know...

But yeah, that school got, not quite shut down, they just retested everybody that went through that school from 2000 to 2004. Didn't know about that until after I went through that school. ####, when I was there, they passed people to drive who failed their driving test.

I'm pretty sure that I'll get retested in the next couple of years anyway.

4. joendeniese

joendeniese Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Dixie
    NOT to worry, Ony. I was the only female in a class of about 40. (And I had never thought about driving a big truck. Shuda seen me trying to back up. (TERRIBLE, I was) I thought I'd never make it through the driving test... but I did. Like I said..." IT'LL BE ALRIGHT." And it will.

5. Fuzzy6

Fuzzy6 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Had a pretty good offer from them here recently but the only thing I dislike is they dont have EZPASS they just reimburse you for your tolls. Health insurance is first day coverage ,thats not bad. They said home on w/e and no NYC or Canada can anyone fill me in or is some one out there that has drove for them or is driving for them now that could give me some details?
    Thanks for all your help in advance!

6. Fuzzy6

Fuzzy6 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2007
    What has that have to do with the company?? Do they have this for there drivers? NOT!! please go somewhere else to spam!

7. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    just use the white triangle with the with border at the top of the post. if you mouse over it, it'll pop up saying "report post", which i just did by the way.

buh..bye..........

8. Fuzzy6

Fuzzy6 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Thanks a bunch for the help. The bad part is the product looks like it would be helpful.

9. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    CRST Premier isnt too bad of a company they were actually what i whittled my choices down to it was between CRST Premier and US Xpress and i decided to go with USX because i like new technologies and they used alot of new stuff any way

CRST Premier told me that they run a 750mi radious of Indianapolis but i have seen one every now and them in FL and Arizona, they are a Sister Company to CRST Van Expedited, i dont have any i deal if they haul specific freight and as far as i know they dont have any dedicated accounts that may have changed between 2005 and 2007

I have also seen them hauling CRST Van Expedited Trailers so i guess they cover for that company as well, the Operations guy at Premier said that all the drivers get home every weekend and back when i asked about it they said when u start with them u will get an older international Truck for about 3 months and if u look like you will be staying for a while then they will get u a New Freightliner Columbia, But that was back when they started in 2005 they may have more trucks between now and then it may work different..

As far as medical goes they use the Same as CRST V.E. and you get a Bridge insurance for 90 days then your major Medical kicks in dental and vision, i think they have a 401k but i never heard about it when i worked at Van Expedited, umm they use Comdata and a Fuel list so u can pick and choose where to fuel they just have to be on the list, umm thats about all i know

10. Fuzzy6

Fuzzy6 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Yea i thought there was something funny on the insurance. oh well, I am driving local right now and maybe thinking about going back out but i have already had a go around with wiener wagon (werner) and a couple of other bi companies. looking at usf glenmoore also.

11. truckerjaw

truckerjaw Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2007
    I drive for CRST Van-Ex now (looking to get out of it though) Here is the deal on Premier.

About 2 years ago CRST started setting it up with the intention of making it an o/o fleet only staying around Indy. Then over time adding major cities in that area. Columbus was where the next was to go.

The o/o idea went to o/o with a lease perches plan, and now company as well because they couldn't fill the spots there. I have only met 2 Premier o/o's and they tell me that there is only a couple of them. Most are company. For the most part the idea of adding cities into a 'network' failed.

The people that posted about seeing Premier pulling Van-Ex trailers its because its a first come first serve when it comes to CRST trailers. If I need an empty and all I can find is a Premier I take it. it works the other way too. The name on the trailer means nothing.

Premier is basically a short haul/regional version of Van-Ex

The insurance plan is exactly the Van-Ex plan

If you don't like to yell and scream and fight for whats right and legal your going to hate the mechanics in the shop. I have fought with that shop in Indy over a laundry list of DOT violations and its like pulling teeth to get things fixed. It took me 3 hours one time just to get them to agree to replace a fuel filter up past the #1 line and another 4 to get it done.

Its basically that same people running both places. Premier has their own separate people during business hour m-f but outside of that if you need to get a hold of someone its going to be CRST Van-Ex in Cedar Rapids Ia.

The internationals that they where offering where nice N-14 Cummings at 450hp w/ EF super 10's, some with the eagle package on the older ones. Most all of them are gone now, traded in or leased perches planed out. The Freightliner Columbia's are base model team studios. The only upgrades I know of are power windows and some of the '07's have tilt steering. They are running 515 Detroit's cut back to 435hp w/ EF straight 10's. All trucks come with duel 100 gallon tanks.

Most of the trailers are air ride.

Everything is maintained just enough to pass DOT inspections unless you like to raise heck every time you need something done. Heck you are only approved for a truck wash every 2 months unless you pay for it your self. If you want proof go to the Indy yard and walk to the back of the shop building and look at the 20+ 'parts' trucks. Wreaked and blown trucks are salvaged for their parts when a new truck needs something that doesn't have to be perfect.

Most of the drivers that I have talked to are content with the company some are even happy. The tell me that they are home when they want to be for the most part and Premier dose a fairly good job of keeping them busy.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you have others I can try to answer them for you or find out the answers for you. Just let me know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.