Crude oil hauling companies?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by RoadRanger12, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Eninety2

Eninety2 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    After 23 years? W.T.F.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gizmo57

gizmo57 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    POLICY. No other reason. It was a year in the making before they rolled it out. It is, I believe, the toughest "Distracted Driver" policy in the trucking industry. I did the infraction and now am left scrambling trying to put I and my families life's back together.

4. Shadow Captain

Shadow Captain Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    There is a thread about Gazelle that got locked due to bickering--it is now on page 3 of the the oilfield trucking forum. Gemini has sure been advertising alot on Craigslist both on Ft. Collins/NoCo and WY---they changed the qualifications from 2 years crude hauling exp. to 2 years truck driving exp.! Did you try Dillon Transport, they've been advertising since last spring on CL? Three of us at work filled out aps online and didn't get any calls---our thought was that since we are all eligible for AARP they didn't want us---OH wait a minute I'm already a member!

5. gizmo57

gizmo57 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    Ironic, I just filled out the ap for Dillion on line about an hour ago. I have been given the green light by Gazelle and Gemini. Im leaning towards Gemini as they do not make a driver bounce back and forth between days and nights. I will start on nights and then in aprox 6 mths have the opportunity to get on days. They also have a tues - sat schedule that works for me as we are in church on sun morns. The mgr there seemed to be a very sincere man and said I should not have any trouble making 70-75K per year. I desperately need to make at least that.

6. Shadow Captain

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    That sounds like a good plan keep us updated. My guess is Dillon is hauling to that crude to rail operation in the old Great Western Sugar complex that Musket Corp. runs . Their location is also right there--why do they keep looking for drivers if the money is any good? Gemini seems to advertise then the ad disappears for a couple of weeks but I can never run into their crude drivers to ask questions---just gas/diesel jockies.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  7. gizmo57

gizmo57 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    In talking with the Mgr there they are not wanting to over hire. They are busy! Love's Transportation, who owns Gemini, is dumping millions of dollars into their yard. They are building a rail spur there as well. Its really pretty impressive. Most of the Gemini loads come back into their spur. Others go to Cheyenne. He assured me that there would be plenty of work for the foreseeable future. I told him I was looking for a career not a job and I did not want to be doing this again in 3 years. I was able to speak to a couple of the drivers there and they all were very clean cut and articulate. They all said they were happy to be there. Their rail spur/yard is at the old Eastman Kodak plant in Windsor, Co.

8. Shadow Captain

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    I think Plains is still the big dog in the Denver-Julesburg---they are building a huge crude-to-rail complex off of I-76 between Keenesburg and Roggen. Their drivers are very happy and close to zero turnover. The floods kind of stalled alot of activity.

9. gizmo57

gizmo57 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Northern Colorado
    I see them a lot as well as Trimac. I've heard, and in my exhaustive research, I've found out that they don't seem to pay as well as others. Don't know why and I could be wrong. There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this industry. I fracked wells back in the early 80's for Dowell and the oil field has certainly changed a lot since then. OTR is so much different than oil field trucking. I'm not particularly looking forward to crude hauling but a man has to feed his family and this seems to me to be the best paying option out there for me. Home nightly and a better than average income.

10. Gaugeline

Gaugeline Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Texas
    Idk how big the oilfield is in Colorado but if its anywhere close to Texas you should make 75k.

gizmo57 Thanks this.
  11. wilfredbacon15

wilfredbacon15 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Manila, Philippines
    I like to visit that oilfield in Colorado because I want to know if they need a driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.