Cryogenic Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by theduckhunter, Sep 5, 2014.

1. theduckhunter

theduckhunter Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Anybody know anything about this tanker company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I believe they're owned by Kenan advantage group. I've once seen a thread on this company awhile ago on here. Good luck

4. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    A guy on here name "CC TANKER" worked or works for them currently. I found an old thread about them on here and he was the last to post about the company.

5. cc tanker

cc tanker Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ohio
    I do not work for them, they have trucks leased to the company I work for. I know a few of the guys pretty well Their pay is below the average standard for cryo drivers . some of the drivers are domiciled at a specific location and run there only usually home daily, these guys have a more structured environment and better training and a little better pay.. and many of the drivers are sent from area to area and company to company doing spot work for plant outages ,peak times,vacation coverage or labor disputes many of these guys (many not all) are not properly trained and are clueless to the industry...the cryogenic business is a great line of work for the right person and has mind blowing income potential if you work as a company driver... working for CTI,JBK,Genox or one of the third party contractors is way lower money and bennies..If you want in the cryo bus . check out websites for Praxair.Linde.AirLiquide.airgas.Air products...they all need drivers in different locations

RJ33RD Thanks this.
  6. driverjoe

driverjoe Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Id stay away from LINDE. Not a great place to work for. Speaking from experience. Look on this site and you will see comments from many drivers.

7. jtwhite

jtwhite Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    dfw. texas
    just my thoughts on cti. I work for matheson we use cti at 1 of our plants, there pay is ok. Reason why i personally would not work for them is there equipment,i.e. there trailers, they are d.o.t. legal but the cold end of trailers are bad, leaking pumps,valves, and pump seals. Cryo industry is very different than any other form of trucking, the good about that is that all of these companys take saftey seriously, but remember all of these companys , cti,genox,jbk, are all used to do jobs that companys drivers wont or cant do.

8. floydguitarist

floydguitarist Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Worked for them almost 5 years ago now. Would not recommend, money was decent when they didn't mess up paycheck, home time was daily, but long hours and putting up with lots of#####. They have been bought by Keenan advantage since I left, but I still hear it's still pretty bad over there.

9. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    So, old thread I know, but um talking to transport service today, but noticed Kenan group has a liquid gas division. I like doing liquid gas, any one willing to share some information for cryogenic translation as an O/O
    The closest terminal is Hammond in.

10. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I talked to a recruiter finally. Regional is 1-2 weeks out, otr is 3-4 out. I didn't get father then that.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  11. jtwhite

jtwhite Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    dfw. texas
    Are you a o/o or company driver? Ihave pulled cryogenic for the last 10 years. The kenan cryo is whats left of jack b Kelly that was bought out 6-7 years ago. Every o/o that I know that had been with jbk for 10+years have left since the buyout.

heartlessangel7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.