Cryogenic Transportation

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by theduckhunter, Sep 5, 2014.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    O/O. I'm pulling DME now and thought it would be an easy transition to other liquid gases, but I'm not interested in being out up to 2 weeks. I'll stay where I'm at if that's the case.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtwhite

jtwhite Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    dfw. texas
    Unfortunately starting out you will be gone 3plus weeks. I had worked my way into a dedicated run where I was home 2 nights a week and off on weekends, but it took 2 years to get that run.

4. paulbelloit

paulbelloit Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey tanker yankers,
    I'm looking at getting into the industrial gas gig here in northeast Florida.
    Eagle is building a plant here in Jacksonville (eaglelng.com/projects/jacksonville-fl )
    I'd like to go ahead and get started, get experience, don't mind regional work.
    ...my question:
    Anybody recommend a decent company??
    (JBK - Genox - Praxair - Airgas - Ect.)

Company or lease purchase (been there before)
    Thanks for any info!

5. aab2032

aab2032 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2018
    NewI managed a couple location for this #### show. From the top down they care about nothing but profit. Believe me, i love profit. But - i also value my drivers lives. No company under the KAG umbrella values your life. I was only with them a couple years but when my 4th regional manager in 2 years came through and was the 4th regional manager to tell me to stop worrying about drivers safety and start worrying more about saving money i left.
    My terminals increased in profit over 400% in the time i was there but they wouldnt let me spend money to fix equipment which is decades old and on the verge of killing someone. i told my regional that i was leaving and he said he hoped to find someone that cared about profit as much as i cared about safety.
    they tried to get me to lie to potential drivers about everything from pay to maintenance to benefits to home time and i wouldnt do it.
    every person in a position of power within MGG is angling for a position with a major customer and cares about nothing other than increasing profit and having their voice heard on a conference call. These guys are criminals and if their policies dont kill someone before DOT shuts them down i will be flat out shocked.

ChicagoJohn and RJ33RD Thank this.
  6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Whew, why dot you tell us how you really feel!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.