CSA 2010: How will the Driver Rating System affect you?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Yatista, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I would like to know how often our info is updated in their system. According to my understanding, good/ clean roadside inspections count.
    I got a clean one last Tuesday.... company will give me $ 25.00 for that:biggrin_25519:
    But I am interested in knowing when that clean inspection will affect my score. Don't even know what my score is yet. Will wait till end of year and check it online... and pay darn $ 10.00 for that...:biggrin_25510:
    This CSA is all about money. Tropper who gave me inspection was dying to find something wrong. Held me for one hr, checked my log, calculated and recalculated my HOS, checked papers, did walkaround the truck and found nothing.... :biggrin_25519:
    Finally he asked "joking" if I wanted a ticket and told me they really needed money cause the state was broke..... from that point on we started talking about politics....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oldedge

oldedge Light Load Member

I have some questions regarding tickets and accidents.How are they going to get the info on accidents? An inspection is not always done at an accident. You will get charged for the accidents whether they are your fault or not. Same thing for tickets or warnings. I think they are planning on getting the info off your MVR. Alot of what I'm reading doesn't make any sense. They say one thing one place and something entirely different somewhere else.
    It's like the sleep apnea thing. Right now there is no requirement for testing for it, but they say that they do have new rules for the physicals "under consideration". I don't think that they are planning to get all of there info just from inspections

4. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Don't you just love the government? It's clear as mud isn't it! :biggrin_25517:

5. talljoe33

talljoe33 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    meonmonie ,WI
    OK question about the safer system ? do we know how the point work yet becouse i have been put out of service 2 times now and i need to find a better place to go but hade a suppend licens a year ago and could only find a smal company and they started to run me hard right off the get go but i hade a job so i stayed and looked for a better company but keep geting the same thing the insherince comepany tells them no and they say call back in one year i think i all ready know what will happen but thought i would ask

6. talljoe33

talljoe33 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2010
    meonmonie ,WI

from what i have read there still geting info from the last year and all corent inspections and this is just the start of the system and will go from there so in a year or too they will have more to work with and there forcing the states to report as well but last i looked not all the states where up to code on it but most where doing it now hope that helps

7. rileyratrod

rileyratrod Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2010
    noneya
    YA !! What he said!!:usa2:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.